Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: SimRacingPL Shader Pack - discussion

Quote Originally Posted by K Szczech View Post
    .... Unless you have water somewhere...
    yes, there is the lake, "Hope" lake hehe

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2845/2j86.jpg

still don't understand quite well light flares

i have to open all nightlightXXglow objects and then set light flare parameters for each one ?

You can add light flares anywhere you want - they're just visual effects and are not related to actual lighting.

You create flares by clicking on their desired location. If you click on a street lamp's light bulb, flare will be created there and attached to that lamp's GMT file.
    When you export your track, you will have some extra geometry in your lamp's GMT file, that's all.

You may later change that GMT file to NIGHTLIGHT...GLOW. When you export your track again, lamp mesh will no longer have that extra geometry. This geometry will now be placed in NIGHTLIGHT...GLOW file ( or new file will be created for you if it didn't exist ).

So the process of creating light flares is based on actual track geometry. Light flare is just a quad added to geometry in any GMT file you want.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

ok, thanks

but suddenly i have another problem - tree doesn't receive lights (also grass, shrubs, everything that uses alpha chroma transparency )

i tried to export all trees again from MaterialTool with vegetation 1, vegetation 2, unrestricted shaders, dynamic shaders....

nothing changes

everything works just fine with trees if i use original rF shaders or running the game in dx8 mode

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i fixed it - reinstalled shaders

lemax

All your work is just amazing and awesome ! I love people like you. Thank you very much for you great works !

value scale ambient asphalt?

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I understand the question.

The only settings you have for shaders are those you see in editor. If it's not there, it cannot be changed (for various technical reasons).

In case of road shader you have 4 materials - all with individual fresnel and specular settings. That's more parameters than GMT file was designed for and I had to encode them using whatever I could find in GMT file. Therefore, some of "standard" shader parameters were removed, to make room for new ones.

Ideally, you would setup your directional and ambient lighting for entire scene, not for individual materials, to have lighting of your track unified. That was my assumption and therefore parameters like diffuse and specular lighting color were only kept for shaders where you may use them instead of texture (to set material color). Also, in real world it's impossible for material to have diffferent reaction to "diffuse" and "ambient" light. The reason why some game engines allow setting diffuse and ambient color separately for material is purely historical / mathematical and is entirely obsolete nowadays.

these values
    Attachment 9323

What to do if cars look to much glossy?

Materials will look however you set them to look like.
    It's always best to control reflectivity using fresnel parameters - it's the simplest and most accurate way of adjusting it.

If you keep your materials in database and have your car materials locked to their database equivalents, you only need to change material settings once and then just re-export other cars.
    In my operating system, I have material tool project file extension assigned to be always opened with my material tool. So I only need to go to car folder, click on project file, confirm I want to re-synchronize materials with material database, then click on full export and close editor - I have a car re-exported.
    I believe you would spend more time in .mas tool than in my material tool when applying these changes to multiple cars

If you have too many cars and that's too much work then you can adjust specular textures. But I wouldn't suggest that. You would have to repack cars anyway, so you may just as well adjust materials using approach I described above.

As last resort, you could just darken cubemaps.

In the end, I wouldn't worry too much. Wait a few months and you will look at your cars and think they're too glossy again or not enough glossy this time If it's not a big issue I wouldn't bother.