Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Free Face Tracking

I failed to look at the original post, and noticed he had changed his Controller.ini file too. That too, I have never changed. So if you can, stay away from changing these if you can. The reason I suggest this is, with each new version of FaceTrackNoIR, your changes may be hindering it to function properly, in other words, the changes may be working against FaceTrackNoIR.

Scott

I tried installing on Win 7 too, same result, i see it tracking me in the program, but in rfactor, nothing...

Edit: It works in NKPro, and LFS, although in LFS, it is WAY too exaggerated, but NKPro is not bad at all.

You may want to ask v4friend at the forums there at the FaceTrackNoIR SourceForge site, he will most likely be able to get you fixed. Make sure you include your computer spec's so he has a base to start asking questions to get you running. It may just happen to be something simple.

Scott

Maybe try also, in the Options click Keyboard Shortcuts. Then assign values to at least the Center shortcut key and maybe also the Start/Stop shortcut as well.

I finally came accross a thread that was the solution to my similar problem. FaceTrackNoIR was working in other sims except rFactor for me, so here's what I tried...

"Got it all working this morning, and everything seems to be okay. rFactor works good (though I need to make some final adjustments), and FSX is working okay again too. With FSX, I may have fixed the "not being able to sit in the right spot in the cockpit" problem by selecting a different aircraft, then reloading the original aircraft that was having problems. With rFactor though, I guess I just needed to start from the begining again, but this time, I installed v1.4 Update in between FaceTrackNoIR v1.3 & v1.5 Update, which I had not been doing the last couple of days.

So all is GREAT again in my simulator world.
    "

Hope that might help somebody, it worked for me with the FaceTrackNoIRv1.6 alpha.

[NAR]Steve, did you ever get FaceTrackNoIR working? I found out from v4friend, that all a person needs to do when installing for the first time is install v1.3, then v1.6, nothing more is needed. Hope you got it working.

Scott

Edit: I tried all morning yesterday to recreate the problem I had, but I just could not get the program to NOT work. So I may be out of suggestions, other than you going to the site forums yourself to have v4friend figure it out. They are pretty good at fixing things over there.

I may be wrong about installing v1.3 first, as per the following statement from v4friend...

"It should not be necessary to install every version from v130 up. If you have already installed v130 (with any fixes or updates) it may be smart to un-install everything (via Control Panel) and then install v160. Please backup you INI-files..."

But I am finding out, to be absolutely sure for you (AND me).

I never did get it working in rfactor, I will mess with it again sometime....Thanks for all of your help!!

I went and sold my webcam.....damn! shall have to get another.

Yep, found out I was wrong about installing v1.3 first. All a person needs is the v1.6 installed.

[NAR]Steve, have you tried it with other mods and/or tracks?