Thread: Charity fundraising for Cancer Research UK (Done something NUTS!)

Charity fundraising for Cancer Research UK (Done something NUTS!)

I donned my race suit again for the first time in 3 years (a forced sabbatical because of finances).

When? 10th July 2016

Where? Sittingbourne Speedway, Iwade, UK

Why? Now here comes the difficult bit!!

Since I stopped racing in 2013 I have lost my mother, my uncle and a friend to this terrible disease called CANCER. I also lost my auntie over 10 years ago. Earlier on this year I thought I would do something positive to raise awareness and some money for Cancer Research UK. If you are fighting cancer, then I am doing this for YOU to!

What am I doing?
    Well... I thought I would challenge myself and step onboard a sidecar or two plus a couple of vintage bikes i'd never ridden before!

Now if you have seen these bikes you will probably know that what I am doing is NUTS!!! I chose the annual Ivor Thomas memorial meeting to do this mad feat because Ivor died from cancer to. Doing this in memory of Ivor is a fitting tribute!

Have you touched by Cancer? Maybe a friend or relative is fighting it? Or perhaps you are unfortunately fighting it yourself? As an added bonus, someone filmed my day which I have edited together. Leaving the donations page open for a little while till all videos released.

If you appreciate the challenge I set myself and you want to donate to Cancer Research UK, please follow this link: http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...yLostLovedOnes

1 of 7

2 of 7
    Racing Sim Modding YouTube | rF2 Car, Track DATABASE and MAP | My Twitch Stream - twitch.tv/woodeetv | Community Driven rFactor 2 Wiki

3 of 7 active on the 31 August 2016 at 18:00 UK time

4 of 7 active on the 3 September 2016 at 13:00 UK time
    Racing Sim Modding YouTube | rF2 Car, Track DATABASE and MAP | My Twitch Stream - twitch.tv/woodeetv | Community Driven rFactor 2 Wiki

5 of 7 active on the 7 September 2016 at 18:00 UK time

6 of 7 active on the 10 September 2016 at 13:00 UK time

7 of 7 active on the 14 September 2016 at 18:00 UK time

Wow Woodee, i wished my English was better now so i could express what i think of this. In Dutch i could do that but unfortunately i can't seem to translate it the right way. Al i can say in English what a great initiative and i have got respect for you.
    What a fiercely story about your mother, uncle and friend. I'm sorry for you loss.

I survived cancer myself, 6 years ago they diagnosed this dreadful disease but fortunately i am one of the lucky ones who survived (knocks on wood)

again big respect Woodee

(fyi only the vids in your first post show up for me, post 2,3 and 4 the links seem to be broken)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    (fyi only the vids in your first post show up for me, post 2,3 and 4 the links seem to be broken)
    There is text above each video showing when it will be available

Quote Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
    There is text above each video showing when it will be available
    Oops my bad

Thanks for your kind words peeps... I'd love to get my charity donations over 500 for this year, I am SO close!

4 of 7 video now active. If you appreciate my efforts fundraising for Cancer Research, please donate what you can: http://www.justgiving.com/ForMyLostLovedOnes

Sixth video is active.

If you appreciate/enjoy the efforts I put in on the day of the event, please consider donating a few , doesn't matter how small... every little bit will help!

http://www.justgiving.com/ForMyLostLovedOnes
    One more video going up on Wednesday.

Full youtube playlist of released videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...kZl_lgWqbsevQU

Many thanks in advance