Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10 ? Conversion Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dylbie View Post
    I have another question... I have Windows 7 Ultimate. If I upgrade to Windows 10 will it be 'home', 'professional' or 'ultimate'. Or do these not exist anymore?

Windows 7 Ultimate works very well, and I'm someone who works on the ethic of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I have 4 days to make a choice, and I don't want to regret the choice either way! =/
    Do you actually use anything that Ultimate gives you? Actually that's not important here, just curious.

You can upgrade to Win10, then immediately roll back to your current install. If you decide to try a clean Win10 install later (in a year, 2 years) on that PC you will already have a license for it.

If you don't upgrade, and later decide to try it, you'll have to buy a license.

Just do some reading around first; I think uninstalling a software firewall wouldn't be a bad idea just to avoid potential issues with connectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by dylbie View Post
    I have another question... I have Windows 7 Ultimate. If I upgrade to Windows 10 will it be 'home', 'professional' or 'ultimate'. Or do these not exist anymore?

Windows 7 Ultimate works very well, and I'm someone who works on the ethic of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I have 4 days to make a choice, and I don't want to regret the choice either way! =/
    I had win 7 ultimate as well, upgrade gave me win 10 pro
    I upgraded and after a few hours checking it worked well I did a factory reset (nice option to have) where it deletes all files and restart windows 10 from 0 so I can't roll back anymore. Win 10 is very good, everything worked well so far, even the logitech profiler I use (5.10) worked without problems. rF2 is running more smooth in this windows too, it didn't make miracles tho.