Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Framerate

Low Framerate

Hello, i discover yesterday this jewel on steam, and buy it at once.

I have a very low framerate, (8-12) fps inside the cockpit, (per application settings in nvidia control panel), after some touching the nvidia control panel and optimize the 3D settings for "for max speed", and disabling HyperThreading on BIOS, i still very low fps , around 18, but now , at least is "playable" , not near ideal, but playable.
    I have windows UAC disabled, but anyway y tried to run RS and Steam as administrator, same thing.

Up to date Nvidia drivers , and i have a decent equipment, AA disabled on game, TrackIR powered up, but not using it.

I use DCS , Arma3, Elite Dangerous, etc , with 60+ fps, not optimizing driver for "perfomance", as i tried with RS.

System specs:
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Intel Core i7 3770K @4.5 Ghz
    16Gb Ram G.Skill Ripjaws
    Nvidia Geforce 650Ti boost
    Gorsair GT Red SSD for O.S. , 2 x 500Gb Raid Hdd for games (and 3 more HDD for data)

Anyone has and idea on how i can solve this?, i search the forum, and did not find anything about this.

Thanks in advance

Administrator
    Thanks for your support, and sorry you're having an issue.

If you would, try setting RogueSystemSim.exe (will be located in \Steam\SteamApps\common\Rogue System) to "run as administrator" and see if the framerate improves. A few people have had this issue and running in admin mode seemed to help.

You are THE man Michael, thanks for doing this simulator!.

I already try "run as administrator", as i put in the 3rd row of my post, sorry, my english is pretty bad, maybe i dont was clear there.

Also tried disabling "Steam in game Overlay", no joy, same issue. , running in compatibility mode (XP, Win 7)... same issue.
    Disabled antivirus (eset nod32), the same.
    I Didn't tell.... using the external camera, mission 2 (sandbox), i have betweeen 60 and 30 fps, it depends where i look (lower fps , looking at the planet)

In "RogueSystemSim.log" is the following: [... cut text]

Initializing OpenGL4 graphics driver...
    OpenGL version 450
    GLSL version 450
    Device: GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST/PCIe/SSE2
    [..cut text]

So, it appears to load and recognize the drivers/Graphics card.

Now i will try to OC the Graphics card using msi afterburner, and uninstall and download the game again (i already checked local cache using steam)

Administrator
    Sorry, I missed where you said you tried the Admin setting.

Make sure you aren't trying to use any of the test post FX (bloom, etc). They eat a lot of FPS, which doesn't help considering the hit taken from the unoptimized planetary shaders (which is where the majority of the FPS issues are coming from).

Basically, until I can hire someone to work on the planetary shaders, or until I can find time in the schedule to do it myself, there is a performance issue currently (for which I apologize).

That said, I feel obliged to remind you to be careful when OC'ing your card.

No, doing OC to the card does not change anything, also , i uninstalled , deleted %appdata%/local/RogueSystemSim folder, and installed again, same issue.

All post FX effects, and AA , disabled, (1920x1080 full screen) , also tried lower resolutions, with weird results:

windowed , no matter what resolution, (even 800x600), ~5fps inside the vessel, mission 2
    Full screen lower resolutions (even 1024x768) , ~6fps inside the vessel, mission 2

CPU around 35% use // GPU 100% use, nailed there

I attached below a zip with the logs inside %appdata%, maybe thats help nailing the problem?
    Attachment 20297

Thanks in advance.

Administrator
    You know, that seems abnormally low considering your system specs. Did you try disabling SLI (if it is enabled)? You shouldn't NEED to, of course--just trying to figure out what's going on. And no, the log files didn't show anything unexpected. Anything else "unusual" about your system you can think of?

No, i don't have SLI Michael , only 1 Video Card, (the mother dont have integrated video either).

Nothing unusual in my rig what i can think of... ~3 yrs old equipment, but still pretty decent (Core i7 @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb RAM, SSD & HDD, Integrated Sound, X52Pro + Pedals + TrackIR, USB mouse & Keyboard, nothing fancy... Audio Jack Earphones (Not USB ones)...
    Weird!.... in special the even lower frametates @ lower resolutions (Full Screen (in reality it shows a kind of "window" with the configured resolution (ex 800x600) in the center part of the 1920x1080 @ full screen) , and Windowed....
    Allways 100% GPU Maxed when i launch RS...

No, i don't have SLI Michael , only 1 Video Card, (the mother dont have integrated video either).

Nothing unusual in my rig what i can think of... ~3 yrs old equipment, but still pretty decent (Core i7 @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb RAM, SSD & HDD, Integrated Sound, X52Pro + Pedals + TrackIR, USB mouse & Keyboard, nothing fancy... Audio Jack Earphones (Not USB ones)...
    Weird!.... in special the even lower frametates @ lower resolutions (Full Screen (in reality it shows a kind of "window" with the configured resolution (ex 800x600) in the center part of the 1920x1080 @ full screen) , and Windowed....
    Always 100% GPU Maxed when i launch RS... Strange!

Maybe a rare shader bug? I remember a game where there was one shader that bugged for my drivers, and the fps would massively tank if this shader was in use (from 40fps to 3fps ^^).

How is your fps if you use the external view (F2)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryss View Post
    Maybe a rare shader bug? I remember a game where there was one shader that bugged for my drivers, and the fps would massively tank if this shader was in use (from 40fps to 3fps ^^).

How is your fps if you use the external view (F2)?
    When i use the External view, the fps are normal, from ~60 to ~30 (with th planet behind), depending of the point of view//