Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [STEAM] Game client not loading

Ah yes, I should have said. Yes, a new one was created when running the game.

A new GameStates.ROG was not created when installing, only when running (I think). Forcing the game to create a new GS.ROG didn't fix the problem.

Don't know if this can help you in any way, but I managed to make my RogSys don't start. It started to behave like that, after I begun to translate a file in the "SingleMissions" folder. Deleting the file makes the game run normally. Again, don't know if this make any sence in your case, but you could try and move the files in that folder to somewhere else, and check if the game will work.
    I apologize in advance for any grammatical error or misuse of words, unfortunately my english is not good, but I've been working to improve it. Thank you all.

Well, bugger...

I deleted all of the files in SingleMissions, and the game actually launched. Don't know how far it got, since I immediately closed it and started re-adding missions hoping to find the culprit.

Back to square one, though... after that initial launch, it now refuses to launch as normal even with all SingleMissions files deleted. Decided to restore all files, as clearly it makes no difference.

Edit: In an act of desperation, I went up a few pages and deleted the entire 'Campaign' folder. Didn't get it to launch, either.

Administrator
    Yeah, I have to believe that if it was data-related, it wouldn't ever launch. Something more intermittent, such as what you're describing, seems to indicate something very system-specific; but I can't imagine for the life of me what that might be.

Let me ask you, the times when it did start, had you just done a reboot of your computer? Can you think of anything else "unique" about those times--a prog you had opened, or didn't, etc.?

Odd, I am sure i have restarted many times without success...

However, it does appear that the game launches successfully, once, after each startup.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill3rCat View Post
    Odd, I am sure i have restarted many times without success...

However, it does appear that the game launches successfully, once, after each startup.
    Well, that's a start. Assuming this is correct, we just need to figure out what with your system is changing after that first run to make it not run again...

It'll be hell to filter through, but Process Monitor will get you that information. It can log both filesystem and registry access.

I recommend sending the details of that privately though, so as to not share anything private it may expose.
    Volunteer Rogue System Wiki Moderator
    Come visit the Rogue System Discord Server!

Administrator
    I might have some more information on this: I was JUST able to duplicate a crash at startup bug, and the cause was having PlayTV installed. It has caused similar problems with other software, included the Leadwerks editor.

If you do have PlayTV installed, tried uninstalling it and see if RogSys will then start. Hope it helps...

I'm 7 days late, it appears. Sorry, haven't been checking this thread that often.

Thanks, but I do not have that software installed. Also, it's not a crash at startup, it's more that the game doesn't launch. As previously mentioned, it launches normally the first time after every startup, but if I then close the game I have to restart my computer before it will start up again.

Administrator
    The PlaysTV crash is VERY odd, and what you're describing would certainly fall into the behavior I've read about--that's why I asked about it.