Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphics Glitch (RGB Squares on Background)

Administrator
    I just made ONE change to the starfield shader. I have no idea if this will help or not, but it's worth a try. Otherwise, I can not find any reason why anything on my end would be causing an issue. Regardless, please give the upcoming update a look and see if things change for you all...

Just checked out the new shader... Still the same graphical bug. Thank you for the try though.

In the mean time I am going to use an older graphics card just to play this game!

Administrator
    damn, I was kind of hoping it would help based on some updates I made to other shaders. I'll give it some more thought--really wish they'd just fix it though....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriak View Post
    Just checked out the new shader... Still the same graphical bug. Thank you for the try though.

In the mean time I am going to use an older graphics card just to play this game!
    I still run my trusty 5 year "old" AMD HD 6950 2GB video card, which hasn't had any graphical anomalies thus far with RogSys (haven't tried today's 0.3 Test build yet though), and it is using what are now the "final" official drivers (meaning no more AMD driver updates for it). I am hoping things stay 'bug free' in the video department until I can afford a new card, hehe.

I believe I installed an R9 380 (or maybe it is an R7, or a 280? I'll have to look) on the wife's PC a few months ago. I will check if I can run RogSys glitch free on there and confirm the results, if the aforementioned thingy is relevant.

For reference, both her and my systems run Win 7 64-bit, AMD FX 4xxx CPUs, and the same model Asus M5A97 R2.0 mobos.
    Can cantankerous cans candidly containing cancerous contaminants coexist considering conclusive conspiracies claim canning cantaloupes can cause comically concentric callouses?

Please do, the game is running at about 25 to 30 frames on this GPU so it's good enough for now (Just for reference I am running an i5 2500k)

Errr.. sorry! Wife was busy playing Factorio so I never got a chance to install RogSys and test it out. I'll try again tonight! Oh, and I was wrong on both counts haha. It's an AMD R7 360. But let's see.
    Can cantankerous cans candidly containing cancerous contaminants coexist considering conclusive conspiracies claim canning cantaloupes can cause comically concentric callouses?

Ok I tested it out, the R7 360 works fine. No glitches.

That is really great news! What settings did you use ingame? What version of Crimson drivers were you using and what global settings did you change there?
    Thank you!

I got too lazy to check the exact Crimson drivers but I do know that there WAS a newer driver update available for the R7 360, so I may be running drivers as old as Dec 2015/January 2016 maybe. I'll see if I can update it to the latest and confirm RogSys still works or not, hopefully again tonight. Assuming we're not binge watching The Arrow, or I'm able to unglue the wife off Factorio for a few minutes, again. Hehe.

As for settings--
    - I started with the default settings in-game (was a fresh install).
    - I turned ON AA to 4x (that or 2x),
    - Tried the game with and without the new shader / bloom effects.
    - Full screen resolution (1920x1080),
    - Vsync ON.

I MAY have had to run it with Steam exec file set to "Run as Admin."
    -- As I recall now, nothing loaded up the first time I hit Play on Rogue System from the Steam library (the RogSys .exe was in Task manager, but nothing SEEMED to run for 5-10 seconds). I killed the game process and did the 'Run as Admin' thing for Steam and retried. Something like that. May have taken 2-3 tries of goofing around impatiently.

OK, I have had the game running on the R7 360 with version 15.103 drivers or something. Then i updated to the newest WHQL 16.xxx drivers today, and the game still runs.