Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphics Glitch (RGB Squares on Background)

Graphics Glitch (RGB Squares on Background)

Attachment 20059

Anyone know what's causing the funky background? I've been searching for a solution for a while now. It shows up on the loading screen as well as in the view screens in the ship (and external camera views). Other textures seem unaffected; the ship interior is fine, for example.

I've experienced this problem using the early access downloads as well as through the steam delivery. Here are the specs on my video card:

Hardware:
    Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD
    Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series
    BIOS Version - 015.049.000.003
    Memory Size - 4096 MB
    Memory Type - High Bandwidth Memory (HBM)
    Memory Clock - 500 MHz
    Core Clock - 1000 MHz
    Total Memory Bandwidth - 512 GByte/s

Software/Drivers:
    Radeon Settings Version - 2015.1204.1216.22046
    Driver Packaging Version - 16.15.2211-160321a-300865C
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1546
    Direct3DŽ Version - 9.14.10.1183
    OpenGLŽ Version - 6.14.10.13431
    OpenCL™ Version - 2.0.6.0
    AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.109
    AMD Mantle API Version - 98309
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.0.2

Administrator
    A couple players have been reporting this. I believe it is related to a Leadwerks engine bug that has not been completely resolved yet. While some people have not been able to resolve the issue, others have by doing the following:

--try various AA settings in the RogSys options menu. An AA setting of two or higher has been known to resolve the issue
    --are your card's AA settings trying to override the game settings, or do you have it set to use application settings? If you're overriding, try the other
    --make sure your graphics driver is fully up to date.
    --if you need to update your driver and it doesn't help, you can try a complete uninstall/install of your driver (sometimes the auto-updates don't clean up all the
    older files).

If none of these help, then I'm afraid there's not much else that can be done until the issue is resolved either by Leadwerks or AMD (theory is that it's a driver bug). I can tell you they are aware of the problem and are in contact with AMD about it.

Beyond that, I am TERRIBLY sorry for the inconvenience. I do hope one of the above suggestions works for you; but if not then I can only hope the issue is resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the reply, Michael. I will continue to fiddle with the settings. Pretty sure I've tried the AA settings already, but it's worth playing with again. Drivers are up-to-date, but haven't done a complete reinstall -- I'll try that.

Beyond that, I'll hope for a fix from AMD

Thanks again!

Administrator
    Please let me know if ANY settings (either in game or AMD settings) resolves the issue so I can pass the info off to other players and Leadwerks.

Again, thanks for your patience!

I am having the same issue, although I am using a R9 380 instead of a R9 fury...
    I have tried changing the AA settings as well to no avail.

I hope either AMD or Leadwerks can resolve this soon as I am really looking forward to playing this game
    Thank you Michael for your active support though!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriak View Post
    I am having the same issue, although I am using a R9 380 instead of a R9 fury...
    I have tried changing the AA settings as well to no avail.

I hope either AMD or Leadwerks can resolve this soon as I am really looking forward to playing this game
    Thank you Michael for your active support though!
    I'm very sorry about this bug. I also hope for a resolution as soon as possible, and will keep inquiring as to status. very, VERY sorry for the inconvenience!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Juliano View Post
    I'm very sorry about this bug. I also hope for a resolution as soon as possible, and will keep inquiring as to status. very, VERY sorry for the inconvenience!
    There is no need to apologize! It's not your fault. I uninstalled my AMD drivers and used a tool called "DDU" from Guru3D.com to purge any remains from my system. I then installed Crimson v16.5.3 and tried to run the game with default settings(Radeon driver settings) but I still had the issue. I then tried all the in game AA settings but that did not fix it. I then tried to force different AA settings using Crimson but that also failed.

I did come across this thread on steam though from leadwerks http://steamcommunity.com/games/2518...62258102374245

This is exactly how the graphics looks in game for me so they know about this problem and apparently fixed it.

If you are aware of this, my apologies...

I wonder if a AMD driver revert would fix it for me...

Again a thank you so much, in the mean time I guess I will play some Freespace 2 until Leadwerks/AMD fixes this problem

My previous post was deleted... (I commented on the fix Leadwerks did that supposed to fix the problem) My apologies, I did eventually see you contributed to the conversation on their forum as well...

If I understand correctly the graphic error is due to AMD not supporting MSAAx1 on Crimson. I tried forcing MSAAx2 using Crimson but that doesn't work, I also tried using a 3rd party app (RadeonPro) to force other AA methods but none seem to change anything.

Is it possible to force different methods of AA in game?

Thank you

Administrator
    Hi.

No, not deleted--you are new to the forums and tried to post a link, so it went to moderation. Happens all the time....

As you noted, supposedly the issue with MSAA settings was fixed, yet for some reason a few people still experience this. For Leadwerks, there is only the one method of AA, and in RogSys setting it to off "SHOULD" disable it. So, WHY this is still happening then is the issue they are trying to resolve.

And, just FYI--I build against the latest version of Leadwerks, so RogSys contains all the relevant changes that SHOULD fix this...

Hehe, Yha I figured that is what happened... Moments after I posted that link I realized that in the Leadwerks news feed there is a announcement from them about the bug and that it was fixed so I did feel like an idiot for pointing out the obvious to you!

For future reference I'll make 250% sure that I checked on the forums here, on steam and on Leadwerks before posting a bug hehe

Again thank you so much!