Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RogSys now available on Steam early access (was: Upcoming Steam Release Info)

\o/ Happy dance! Congratulations Michael, I'm wishing to RogueSys a big time in this new phase and that this accomplishment gets the attention that it so much deserves.

Just for the record: I have both rFactors, I recently added them to my steam account, if the process will be the same, you will need to make a request in the right place, after that, you will receive a key in your registered email, next, you will need to select "+ add game" (activate product code) in your steam (main page, lower left corner) and paste there your key, through this key the steam will recognize your game, for both rFactors was simple like that.
    I apologize in advance for any grammatical error or misuse of words, unfortunately my english is not good, but I've been working to improve it. Thank you all.

I've recently moved my rFactor/2 to Steam without any real problems, so am confident of a smooth transition with RogSys.

Administrator
    Thanks for the rFactor-to-steam info, gents. Glad it doesn't sound like it's going to be too much of a hassle...

I hope this game gets the love and attention it deserves with the steam release, I can't wait to share it with other folks!

Administrator
    The Rogue System Steam store page....

http://store.steampowered.com//app/366000

If you're a current user of the non-steam eAccess version, and would like to put up a review stating such, I'm not opposed (and the more reviews the better--especially if they're positive, but be honest of course ). All I ask is that you don't oversell it as more than it currently is--be honest about the current content and what you can do with it. Some hype about where RogSys is headed is fine; but again, keep it toned down, please. Any honest comments about me, the past development, etc, are perfectly welcomed...

What we don't want is new-comers expecting more than what's there, obviously.

Regardless, do not feel obligated to review. If you feel inclined to do so, then please do...

Edit: Actually, Mike Z from ISI is thinking reviews aren't available until we go live. But if you'd like to start a discussion there please feel free--O think you can do that now...

Hi Michael,

I can confirm the review field is not available yet. It says to look for the area above the purchase button which is obviously not present.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scale View Post
    Hi Michael,

I can confirm the review field is not available yet. It says to look for the area above the purchase button which is obviously not present.
    Okay, thanks for the confirmation.

Will give some thought to a review and hopefully get one up once it's possible to do so.

Good luck with the Steam release, Michael. Hope it does allow you to bring an extra pair of hands or two.

Hello space voyagers

I have a request for you, I wrote a review to publish on steam (when it's possible), but as you may noticed, english isn't my main language, for this reason I don't want to cause bad impression for this community with a poorly written english review, so I was thinking in paste here my review and let you guys give your thoughts about it. Any help would be very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Psypher View Post
    First of all, I must say that I have been following the development of Rogue System (and playing) since September 2015.

Another important point: early accesses, many may be disappointed with several titles that carry this flag, I for one, have complaints of at least three titles, but I can assure you that the development of Rogue System is serious business. Michael Juliano the (only) developer of this project demonstrates extreme responsibility and vision, you can peek into the official forums and you will witness his level of commitment to this project and to the community.

Now, Rogue System: This is a game that lives up to the title of simulator, in this game you really are in control of every aspect of your ship, it is no wonder that Rogue System has been dubbed as "DCS in space."
    Having simulation as strong point, is worth bearing in mind that this game requires a lot of dedication from the player, you will need to learn how each system works and how they interact.
    Here physics are truly Newtonian, combat in Rogue System will be something entirely new.
    To play efficiently you will need to learn orbital concepts, such as apoapsis, periapsis, and others. (Orbiter and Kerbal players will feel at home).
    Currently Rogue System offers scenarios to familiarize players with the Flying Fox (your ship), the missions in this release are simple but solid, you can train cold start, dock, shutdown, even save a station from meeting its end, plus you can select a sandbox type mission that allows you to explore a solar system.

Some features and planned features:

• Truly newtonian physics.
    • Detailed cockpit and ship functions.
    • You can walk in the ship, but for now you can't do much.
    • The systems of the ships in Rogue System are based on existing systems (space station and shuttle) and on systems that do not yet exist, but are technically possible (like the V.A.S.I.M.R thruster).
    • The core module of Rogue System will happen in a single but comprehensive solar system.
    • The core module of Rogue System will allow you to fly up to three ships, remember that each vessel will have its own role, so, different systems and features.
    • In the core module maintaining your ship will be something of utmost importance.

Final considerations:

• Bearing in mind that for now Rogue System is a "one man army project", so the developer must respect the limit that time imposes (is one person for code, art, and everything else) so, some delays can happen.
    • Unlike the Space Sim trend, Michael is extremely careful in what he promises to the community.
    • If steam blows good winds, new members can be hired to work on the project, this will haste the development and open new horizons for Rogue System to be even better, I cheer a lot for this title and for Michael's sucess.
    In advance I thank you all
    I apologize in advance for any grammatical error or misuse of words, unfortunately my english is not good, but I've been working to improve it. Thank you all.

excellent review, only two very simple semantic corrections, otherwise your English is absolutely flawless (IMO)

Another important point: early accesses, many may be disappointed with several titles that carry this flag, I for one, have complaints of at least three titles, but I can assure you that the development of Rogue System is serious business
    The missions in this release are simple but solid, you can train cold start, dock, shutdown, even save a station from meeting its end, plus you can select a sandbox type mission that allows you to explore a solar system.

..also, not sure but I think the Steam release will be from the beta / interim branch which features the FLying Fox rather than the FireArc..