Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: RogSys now available on Steam early access (was: Upcoming Steam Release Info)

I think it may have something to do with STEAM rules'.
    They allow funding for Early Access because it still deliver something playable, but maybe they don't accept something that is best described as a "maybe" stretch-goal.

But I'm just saying, we would need the Devs to tell us to be sure.

Administrator
    Yes. Valve will not currently allow ISI to distribute Special Edition keys. I wouldn't expect this probably until some time in Beta when RogSys is closer to a 1.0 release. At that time (the last time ISI and I spoke about it), ISI was planning some upgrade version of the Special Edition (basically a Steam "season pass") for those who already have the Core Module.

Hi there.

I purchased the Special Edition package a while back and I would like to convert it to a Steam key, but then I see this warning at the Steam Transfer form: YOUR NON-STEAM ROGUE SYSTEM LICENSE WILL BECOME INVALID.

I would like to convert to Steam but I don't like to lose my Special Edition package nor all the DLCs included.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabo View Post
    Hi there.

I purchased the Special Edition package a while back and I would like to convert it to a Steam key, but then I see this warning at the Steam Transfer form: YOUR NON-STEAM ROGUE SYSTEM LICENSE WILL BECOME INVALID.

I would like to convert to Steam but I don't like to lose my Special Edition package nor all the DLCs included.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    You will not "lose" the Special Edition DLC's. Quite simply, Steam/Valve will not yet allow ISI to hand out Special Edition keys. I would expect this to occur closer to a 1.0 Core Module release. ISI will distribute SE keys when they can do so. As long as you keep your email up-to-date with ISI (basically, the email you used to create your ISI account with which you purchased RogSys non-Steam), you will get the Special Edition when it is available.

The reason for the license change is simply because ISI's non-Steam license is not applicable to the Steam platform (as it was explained to me).

I still use the same e-mail I used to purchase and register and I just converted to Steam.

Thanks for the answer.