Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RogSys now available on Steam early access (was: Upcoming Steam Release Info)

Administrator

RogSys now available on Steam early access (was: Upcoming Steam Release Info)

Edit: I'm happy to announce we are now live on Steam early access! http://store.steampowered.com/app/366000/

ISI is testing the steam key distribution page now, and hope to have it live later today. I'll announce when ready.

Thanks again for all the support!

The first Steam early-access release candidate will go out to testers today. There will be another on Friday. If all goes well, Rogue System will release on Steam Early-Access on Monday, the 16th.

Core Module package (and above) owners will receive a Steam Key if they want one. I'm not sure exactly HOW ISI will handle this. But, they did the same thing for their rFactor, and rFactor 2 players, so I'm sure they can handle it

If any eAccess package (the $10 trial version)owners would like a Steam key, you will need to upgrade to at least the Core Module package. Your current package cost of $10 will be applied as a discount, as always.

When I have more info on how to retrieve your Steam key from ISI, I will update this post.

Thanks!

will it still be possible to upgrade to the special edition after the steam release and gain it's benefits? or is this more of a early bird benefit?
    will the planned expansion modules even playable through the steam version?

my bank account is a little bit dry this month, but was planning to upgrade asap...

Administrator
    I believe ISI will allow you to continue to upgrade to the Special Edition(eAccess, and the boxed set will be going away for now though, I think). For new users, they can purchase either the Core Module or Special Edition on Steam since they both contain digital content only.

And yes, the planned expansions will be handled as... shudder... DLC on Steam (that's the system we have to work with on their platform). I've already tested the functionality and it works, no problem. So, when those are available, if you have the Special Edition, they should just require an install.

Alien: Isolation and others handle it the same way. In the case of Alien, our "special edition" is equivalent to their "season pass".

Man, I am glad I'm off on the 16th, hah! Time for me to fork over some dough and get on board the Core Module.

Very excited for RogSys!
    Can cantankerous cans candidly containing cancerous contaminants coexist considering conclusive conspiracies claim canning cantaloupes can cause comically concentric callouses?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sampak View Post
    Man, I am glad I'm off on the 16th, hah! Time for me to fork over some dough and get on board the Core Module.

Very excited for RogSys!
    I'm seriously hoping this will give me some ability to expand the team. I'm still proceeding as not; but keeping a bit of optimism just the same. We'll know in about a month or so, and then the path will be fixed either way...

all right, thank you for your quick reply
    maybe i'll rob the piggy bank at the weekend, just in case

By the way, i'm remembering you mentioned something about "publishing more versions, faster on steam" and doing a more stable release once a month for the non-steam users. I just want to say that i'd very like to see those potentially unstable versions delivered through a beta branch

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeDunn View Post
    all right, thank you for your quick reply
    maybe i'll rob the piggy bank at the weekend, just in case

By the way, i'm remembering you mentioned something about "publishing more versions, faster on steam" and doing a more stable release once a month for the non-steam users. I just want to say that i'd very like to see those potentially unstable versions delivered through a beta branch
    I don't make it a habit of putting out any update with show-stopping bugs. But yes, I'd probably put the smaller interim updates to a beta branch...

So...about the Boxed edition...it goes away "for now". Will it come back? I was considering upgrading to it at some point, but right now it's out of the question, I'm afraid.

Does ISI plan to keep purchase options separate from Steam?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Klionheart View Post
    So...about the Boxed edition...it goes away "for now". Will it come back? I was considering upgrading to it at some point, but right now it's out of the question, I'm afraid.

Does ISI plan to keep purchase options separate from Steam?
    I'm not sure. My feeling is that at least they will make the box edition contents available (since they have to be created and printed anyway) after the release of CM 1.0

I feel they at least will keep the non-steam options available to give people time to upgrade; but, in all honesty I'm not sure for how long that will be. It could be they remove the store page and offer upgrades "on request"; but until we sort all the details I don't want to say for certain yet.

I get the sense that Steam is going to become their primary platform; but that's just my read on it. Again, as I get more firm info I will be sure to pass it along. Right now I'm just trying to get this thing "out the door", and then begin building on what we have from there...

Administrator
    By the way, Steam HAS cleared RogSys for early-access release. Basically it's my call when to pull the trigger....