Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GS 4 seats

Dear santa... Hahaha jeez. Id rather just buy a kart.

joe, I'm sure your scn5's will be fine

I don't think you need much pressure in the harness , just slightly higher than subtle which will enhance the overall effect nicely
    ( if it were strong it would become annoying after the novelty factor wears off I'm sure )
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE

Quote Originally Posted by PearceYaussy View Post
    Dear santa... Hahaha jeez. Id rather just buy a kart.
    Here he is coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MI1obFl4bw

delivering to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlNkyUWInsg

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianstealth View Post
    joe, I'm sure your scn5's will be fine

I don't think you need much pressure in the harness , just slightly higher than subtle which will enhance the overall effect nicely
    ( if it were strong it would become annoying after the novelty factor wears off I'm sure )
    Just tried with my original springs:

Attachment 18734

I tried the F3.5 and Corvette GT cars. Very impressive indeed. For GT car, I do need to fasten the belt pretty tighten in order to get a good feel. Because the belt was pulled upward so most pressure I feel is on the shoulder. Since my belt is 4-point harness there always is flex in this case:

Attachment 18735

I think 5-point harness seat belt would be best in this case. I will recommend you 5-point harness seat belt.
    Anyhow, it works!

joe

good info thanks a lot, keep posting with your progress, those springs look neat
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE

Doesn't really answer my question but has given me some good ideas for alternate activation of a seat! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg23 View Post
    Doesn't really answer my question but has given me some good ideas for alternate activation of a seat! Thanks.
    I think only owner(s) of this GS 4 seat can answer your questions.
    However, IMHO, in theory I think this type of g-seat would not work. Basically it intends to use Newton's 3rd law to produce an effect that actually caused by Newton's 2nd law. I will not buy such seat. (I could be wrong, just be humble on this).

The seat-mover solution, which is the way as using by SimXpericence, Frex, and CXC, etc other firms, or in X-sim forum, is to fix the Steering Wheel/pedals (not in motion), only seat is moving (roll and pitch). This approach is pretty popular. I feel it works! The muscle tensions created by your body/arms in related to the Steering Wheel (fixed) as seat moving is effectively yielding g-force effects. So a driver's body muscle will fight to balance to learn and memorize as if driving a real car. This is common design with such limit and cheap actuators, and most simulators in the market today used this approach.
    To be effective, one needs to turn UP the strength of lateral g-effect and make the seat roll between at least +/- 15 or 20 degree. As I saw many of youtube, most of them sadly did not do that, not even close. They basically experience some bump/bounce/drop and shaking effects (like the D-Box) though, instead of cornering-g and braking-g effects.

Thanks Joe.

I'm going to order a 2DoF rig from SimXperience (probably next week) and see what I think of it. It will be a vast improvement over what I have now, which is a stationary rig. If I'm looking for more I'll work on seat solutions. I just know, from reviews I've seen from people who have both, that if they could only keep one they say they would keep the seat.

FYI, just measured the braking g-force today, see:

Hi,
    I have a 2dof simulator (scn5) and I would like to test the spring harness system .
    My first test was not great ..
    So, what spring force do you use ?
    You can see my first test, with two different spring, but not good ..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TDu8XCnSvBc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PqU6FfYvxN4