Thread: Keys Not Binding (MOVED)

Keys Not Binding (MOVED)

Hello everybody I am trying to bind a key to flight controls to move forward and actually fly the ship, since no keybinding is assigned.

I have an x55 that doesn't bind, as well even my keyboard key does not bind to any of those commands.

Keyboard does bind to all other categories that are not flight control though.

Can anyone help?? How do I make it work??

Thank you in advance!

Hi, this is the rFactor 2 section

Administrator
    Thanks Lazza--I moved it to the proper sub-forum...

@law: With a new "installation" there are default keyboard keys bound to the flight controls. RogSys will use these defaults until you change them. I've never heard of anyone not being able to assign a keyboard key to a command.

Please see this post here ( http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...l=1#post368934 ). Another X-55 user had a similar issue (could not bind to it) and was able to get it to work by disabling a vJoy virtual joystick controller in the device manage...

I have a possible fix in for the first update that MAY help, too...

hmmm, are we going to have to somehow save our keybinds when the update comes out?
    Sys-specs: home built, quadcore 3.8GH;16GB DDR3; AMD 7770 video

Administrator
    The update will not include a Controls.ROG file in the "SaveGames/TestGame" folder (this is where your current bindings save to). Since this will not be overwritten (my assumption is most people will just extract the contents of "Rogue_System" into their local copy) your bindings will be intact.

OR

If you extract a new copy, you can then copy the Controls.ROG file from your old "install" into the new one.

In either case, there WILL be two commands you will HAVE to bind, which I will make note of in the ReadMe and here on the forum announcement...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Juliano View Post
    The update will not include a Controls.ROG file in the "SaveGames/TestGame" folder (this is where your current bindings save to). Since this will not be overwritten (my assumption is most people will just extract the contents of "Rogue_System" into their local copy) your bindings will be intact.

OR

If you extract a new copy, you can then copy the Controls.ROG file from your old "install" into the new one.

In either case, there WILL be two commands you will HAVE to bind, which I will make note of in the ReadMe and here on the forum announcement...
    If I've been following the log correctly, we have to rebind the left and right mouse buttons for the proper interactions, right?
    -Rasi

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlen007 View Post
    If I've been following the log correctly, we have to rebind the left and right mouse buttons for the proper interactions, right?
    Those are definite, yes

I am unable to bind right click to zoom (or any other key for that matter). I change the binding in the options screen and save, but it doesn't hold. When I return to the options screen there is no binding. It's gotta be me, but I'm at a loss!

FYI, I was unable to bind in the original release as well. There is no Controls.ROG file in the original release folder, and none is created in the latest release.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Gordhamer View Post
    I am unable to bind right click to zoom (or any other key for that matter). I change the binding in the options screen and save, but it doesn't hold. When I return to the options screen there is no binding. It's gotta be me, but I'm at a loss!

FYI, I was unable to bind in the original release as well. There is no Controls.ROG file in the original release folder, and none is created in the latest release.
    Perhaps run in administrator mode to allow RogSys to write the file? That's the first thing that popped into my head when you said no Control.ROG file was being created...

Right click on the launcher (or on its shortcut if you made one), properties, compatibility tab, and check "Run this program as Administrator..."

The ONLY two files that RogSys writes are the Controls.ROG file as well as the GameStates.ROG file...