Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogue system wiki

Quote Originally Posted by TMC_Sherpa View Post
    Sampak, I moved the page you wrote to FireArc (Which I should make some redirects for Fire Arc and GSI S31c but I'll worry about that later) so spacecraft can become a list of things in space but thanks, what you wrote is great!

Sherpa
    Thanks, I wasn't sure how you wanted things structured and I'm no good at organizing much.
    Can cantankerous cans candidly containing cancerous contaminants coexist considering conclusive conspiracies claim canning cantaloupes can cause comically concentric callouses?

Administrator
    FINALLY! Okay, Tim has finished setting up the official RogSys wiki.

Now, while I can add elements as items come up, I have little to no time to fully develop it on my own, much less moderate it. I know some of you expressed an interest in working on it. If anyone is still so inclined, please email me at:

info@roguesystemsim.com

Tim requests that you have some experience working with wiki as he doesn't have time to teach people how to use it right now.

You all are more than welcome to continue with the unofficial wiki if you'd like. I have no problem with that; and I appreciate the effort in setting it up.

Thanks...

Nah, what I've done is mostly busted on the sever side so I was gonna pull it and rejigger the thing anyway. I also know my luck so I was expecting the official one to come out soon
    I'll pull my link at least until I can get a solid setup.

Sampak, Here is what you wrote if you didn't have a local copy.
    Lazy and willing to work hard to stay that way

Quote Originally Posted by TMC_Sherpa View Post
    Nah, what I've done is mostly busted on the sever side so I was gonna pull it and rejigger the thing anyway. I also know my luck so I was expecting the official one to come out soon
    I'll pull my link at least until I can get a solid setup.

Sampak, Here is what you wrote if you didn't have a local copy.
    Thanks for saving that, although I think it needs heavy rewriting and additions to make it more than just the generic description it was hehe.
    Can cantankerous cans candidly containing cancerous contaminants coexist considering conclusive conspiracies claim canning cantaloupes can cause comically concentric callouses?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Juliano View Post
    FINALLY! Okay, Tim has finished setting up the official RogSys wiki.

Now, while I can add elements as items come up, I have little to no time to fully develop it on my own, much less moderate it. I know some of you expressed an interest in working on it. If anyone is still so inclined, please email me at:

info@roguesystemsim.com

Tim requests that you have some experience working with wiki as he doesn't have time to teach people how to use it right now.

You all are more than welcome to continue with the unofficial wiki if you'd like. I have no problem with that; and I appreciate the effort in setting it up.

Thanks...
    Hi Michael,

Was about to ask for a link to the official wiki, however I just thought about suggesting adding it to the top Nav bar on your official website below?

http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/

While also thinking about that, I was also thinking how great it would be if the RogSys forums could be embedded in your official website page rather than redirecting us here (away from your page), is that a possibility? I know you're super busy actually working on RogSys though and this would be far far down the list of priorities for you but just thought I'd suggest it as something of a future "to do" :P

- Hyp3rion

Attachment 18484

Make me!?

Another useful item for the wiki to have would be all of the various 'objects' around the planets/moons. Something like a list with each planet's name, moon, and the space station, or target ring, etc. in orbit currently known to be in the game.

Example (making it up):

========================

* UES 23.1 - Planet
    - 23.1.1 - 1st moon
    -- Docking platform [known comm freq(s)]
    - 23.1.2 - 2nd moon
    -- Target Ring [known comm freq(s)] <- yup it has a localizer, no I forgot what it was

========================

* UES 23.2 - 2nd planet
    - 23.2.1 - 1st moon
    -- Docking platform [known comm freq(s)]
    -- Flying Fox [known comm freq(s)]

========================

Hey fellow Pilots!

As Michael Juliano said, the official wiki is online

For now, user registrations must be done manually by admins, until we can figure out how to safely open up registration.

• Swing by here in the mean time to request user-level access (normal stuff - creating and editing pages)
    • If you want to volunteer to moderate/admin, please see above.

Let's get this party started!

Took me an hour and half but created my very first Wiki page!

I linked my Ships info page on the Main page of the official RogSys wiki. And I managed to not break the wiki-nets.

Well done

Looks kinda familiar Sampak :P

The unofficial is down while I figure out what is going on with the math extension. LATEX works, dvipng works but math 1.25REL and 1.26REL both puke on anything but mathML mode which would be OK(?) but its only supported by FireFox. For some reason.

Anyway I personally don't see a point to having two empty wiki projects so I would rather see folks working on the official one for now.
    Lazy and willing to work hard to stay that way