Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogue system wiki

Hi Osric,

No immediate plan for the moment. I just wanted if Michael will not mind if a non official wiki is created by someone. I am gathering info about the game and try to manage it correctly first

But ok, if I am about to start something I will let you know.

Edit:
    The official wiki is a thing so I've taken mine down for now.
    Lazy and willing to work hard to stay that way

We'll probably want Math Markup support, you know people are going to want that

Example output.

Oh come on, you write it out long hand.
    $Periapsis=pow((pow(((sqrt(pow(2*$Orbit+2*$Radius, 3)/(8*$GM))*2*pi())*$Ratio)/(2*pi()),2)*(8*$GM)),1/3)-(2*$Radius)-$Orbit;
    How hard is that :P

*cough* added Math Markup *cough* I don't have shell access to the server at the moment so I'm gonna pretend it works?

Quote Originally Posted by TMC_Sherpa View Post
    I'm gonna pretend it works?
    Gets me through the day.

Figured I'd give it a rolling start....I am absolutely new at this wiki stuff and the paragraph/formatting kinks are reminding me of the wonderful period I had trying my hand at HTML in 1999, except that this is supposedly WYSIWYG but apparently not. Please feel free to laugh out loud.

http://www.rogsysunofficial.com/inde...tle=Spacecraft
    Can cantankerous cans candidly containing cancerous contaminants coexist considering conclusive conspiracies claim canning cantaloupes can cause comically concentric callouses?

Maybe this weekend I'll find some time to see how can I add my flow chart? I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by delcotron View Post
    Maybe this weekend I'll find some time to see how can I add my flow chart? I hope so
    That would be great!

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to get the various checklists linked there too.
    Can cantankerous cans candidly containing cancerous contaminants coexist considering conclusive conspiracies claim canning cantaloupes can cause comically concentric callouses?

Some formatting/syntax references and such for you all.

Cheatsheets / Quick Reference
    Reference Card
    Wiki Markup Cheatsheet

Mediawiki Help/Formatting/Examples
    Mediawiki Help - Front Page
    Mediawiki Help - Formatting
    Mediawiki Help - Markup Examples

Note: wiki admins can edit the wiki sidebar and/or help pages to put links to these in there. I did just that for our internal wiki here at work. Makes it much easier for those who don't live & breathe mediawiki to make pages not look like crap

You probably won't see a whole lot of contributions from me, though I've volunteered to help moderate the official wiki when we get one. My writing tends to get too lost in the weeds and difficult for folks of a different mind to follow, so I try to stay away from a lot of writing, mostly doing smaller stuff like fixing formatting or rearranging stuff, and if I'm bored, patrolling on wikipedia. Also, I enjoy using far too many commas, as I'm sure you can see. :P

(I've even gone so far as to muck around in the database to fix broken stuff on said internal work mediawiki! If you have admin-level issues or questions, feel free to ask - I might be able to help.)

Sampak, I moved the page you wrote to FireArc (Which I should make some redirects for Fire Arc and GSI S31c but I'll worry about that later) so spacecraft can become a list of things in space but thanks, what you wrote is great!
    Delcotron, your flow chart absolutely belongs there somewhere.
    Draeth, I added your links thanks! An excellent suggestion.

Math Markup is currently busted, a prerec package was removed from wikimedia so I grabbed the one they recommended. I'll have to check the setup again to see if (what) I missed.
    Have I mentioned that I hate php? And wiki markup languages? And themes that use 5 css files plus some random elements stuffed in a json file? For some reason? No? Huh, I should mention it someday

Sherpa