Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue system wiki

Rogue system wiki

Hi,

First of all, congrat's for all what have been accomplished so far. It's really awesome, combining such kind of research in new tech and its related implementation..

That said, this is why I post this thread.

As I can't play this game before several days (my current laptop here is Intel HD, I have to wait a little to come back home), I'm reading everything I can in order to be ready when I'll be behind the control panel. I documented myself, looked at the video tutorial, and even started to draw a PID of how the vessel seems to work. There is a lot of information there, but, everywhere. I arrive to the conclusion that people here are very deeply implicated in the project, and try to understand perfectly the engine, and all that knowledge should find a place, and why not, in a wiki.

I'm thinking to this wiki, because it will unload the team who have enough work actually to finish implementing all what they planned to.

I'm thinking about documenting, the vessel operation, the different checklist, the physics implicated in this simulations, the known bugs, etc. And it will finally includes tips that were not planned by the developing team.

And sorry for my English, I'm french...

Seams resonable. Lets see what Michael has to say about this.

I support this idea, it would also be a good way to let the community pitch in with tips and what not.

Administrator
    I was just talking with Tim, from ISI. He can set up a wiki for RogSys.

Would I have any volunteers to help "moderate" (approve users and such)? Anyone? If you're interested feel free to fire a PM to me...

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy
    Thread necro here, has any progress been made on this, OP?

Administrator
    Yeah, thanks for the bump and reminder. The last I heard, Tim (from over at ISI, who handles these things) was close to getting it set up. Honestly, I haven't heard from him in a couple weeks though. I will follow up and see where we're at.

Sorry for the delay...

Hi Michael,

Won't you mind if a "non official" wiki is created by fans ?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic69 View Post
    Hi Michael,

Won't you mind if a "non official" wiki is created by fans ?
    If someone wants to start an unofficial wiki I wouldn't have a problem with it. Tim has been on vacation since the most recent update came out, so that's been the delay on the official wiki...

Thank you Michael !

Absolutely no problem for the delayed official wiki. I am pretty sure everyone has a full agenda and good reasons

I just wanted to be sure that a unofficial wiki would not upset you. Thank for the quick feedback

Cheers

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic69 View Post
    Thank you Michael !

Absolutely no problem for the delayed official wiki. I am pretty sure everyone has a full agenda and good reasons

I just wanted to be sure that a unofficial wiki would not upset you. Thank for the quick feedback

Cheers
    Please let me know when you get this up, I have some contributions I can make. Perhaps this can be a placeholder until the official one gets up and running.