Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People Experiencing nVidia Crash, look here...

Spinelli
    For anyone not too familiar or uncomfortable with tinkering with PC's, click the link in my sig for a very thorough, slightly OCD method of full/complete/"proper" GPU driver uninstallation/reinstallation

ok, I registered on this forum to post about this exact issue but i'm glad to have found this topic first.
    I can confirm that Koen's fix (running oalinst.exe in the utilities folder instead of manually installing the dll) works.

Running an nvidia 980TI on a dual monitor setup.

Just to point out, if running oalinst.exe fixes it, your issue doesn't really have anything to do with nVidia hardware.

In the future, when the game ships with an installer instead of just an archive, this dependency issue should go away as the installer would perform the OpenAL installation as necessary.

(not trying to sound official here, btw - I'm just another early access user myself )

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by draeath View Post
    Just to point out, if running oalinst.exe fixes it, your issue doesn't really have anything to do with nVidia hardware.

In the future, when the game ships with an installer instead of just an archive, this dependency issue should go away as the installer would perform the OpenAL installation as necessary.

(not trying to sound official here, btw - I'm just another early access user myself )
    Absolutely correct, regardless

I have a Nvidia Quadro K2100m running the 354.42 driver on Windows 10. I was able to run version 0.1.10.26.15 fine but when I downloaded 0.1.11.20.15 it stopped working. I can open the launcher, but when I click launch on the launcher the launcher closes and nothing else happens. I just recently updated to these drivers but the older version still runs fine but I can't launch the newest update. I do have two monitors but it still won't launch even when I have only one monitor plugged in.

Administrator
    Nothing has changed between 1.10.26.15 and 1.11.20.15 in my code that would initiate this problem. There was a change to the Leadwerks engine that absolutely requires the latest drivers, but I believe that was before 10.26.15 released (not at home to check my notes).

My first piece of advice always is to update to the latest drivers--9 times out of 10 that will fix the problem. Not sure why the updater won't work for you. Perhaps fire an email off to nVidia tec support and see what they have to say. I know we have some clever folks on this forum though--maybe someone can offer a solution...