Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People Experiencing nVidia Crash, look here...

Administrator

People Experiencing nVidia Crash, look here...

If you are experiencing a crash when trying to run RogSys even AFTER updating to the latest nVidia drivers (either when starting, or when trying to launch a tutorial mission) please post here your nvidia card type. This is pretty rare actually, as there are MANY people with nVidia using RogSys without issue (other than a planetary shader glitch).

In almost all of the cases, this occurs with a dual monitor setup. If running two or more monitors, are you using extended desktop or surround? Doing a quick google search SEEMS to reveal that this is not an uncommon issue (nVidia+dual monitors+OpenGL = crash). From my quick reading some are saying reinstalling the drivers with "perform clean install" has helped. It would obviously take some more research though, and I can't duplicate the issue here on my two-monitor nVidia rig.

If you find ANY control panel settings that help, or seem unusual, PLEASE share them. Please remember that RogSys uses OpenGL; so while your configuration may work with other games using DirectX, that doesn't necessarily mean it will with OpenGL.

SOMETHING is triggering this, and perhaps if we can pull information together in one place we can figure out what.

Thank you,
    Michael

Edit: by the way, I'm not suggesting the second monitor is SPECIFICALLY the problem, just that it is a common element....

I have just bought the Rogue System early access package, and am experiencing similar crashes. I was able to do the full first tutorial, but both the 2nd and 3rd have crashed on me after maybe 15 minutes of play.

I have an nVidia GeForce GTX760 card, but am not running two monitors, only one.

Let me know what information I can give you that will help, but bear with me coz I'm not an expert! not a total dumbass, but I might need some guidance. I looked at the nVidia control panel settings & there's plenty of them. I'm currently messing around with anti-aliasing settings & will update this thread if anything changes.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GusThermopyle View Post
    I have just bought the Rogue System early access package, and am experiencing similar crashes. I was able to do the full first tutorial, but both the 2nd and 3rd have crashed on me after maybe 15 minutes of play.

I have an nVidia GeForce GTX760 card, but am not running two monitors, only one.

Let me know what information I can give you that will help, but bear with me coz I'm not an expert! not a total dumbass, but I might need some guidance. I looked at the nVidia control panel settings & there's plenty of them. I'm currently messing around with anti-aliasing settings & will update this thread if anything changes.
    Are you running on a TV, rather than a typical monitor? Also, make sure you have the latest nVidia driver installed of course. Did you change ANY settings in between the 1st tutorial (which ran okay for you) and the second? Does tutorial 1 ALWAYS work for you?

Monitor, not TV.

I have the most recent driver update installed.

Didn't change any settings between the 1st & 2nd tutorials.

I just tried the 2nd tutorial after switching off anti-aliasing gamma correction, but it crashed again. Actually it crashed sooner into the tutorial than last time.

I will check out the first one again and let you know if it works all the way through ... maybe it's just shorter than the others and the problem builds up over time? Dunno, just mind jamming.

Game crashes when I try to run it.

Hi,

The game crashes when I try to run it.

I had to install OpenAL32.dll to get past the launcher, I downloaded version 6.14.357.24 from dll-files.com.

Now it crashes after or during: Systems: Loading test_dtarget
    C:/RogSys_eAccess_V0.0.6.9.15a/Rogue_System\Mod\RogSysCM\Ships\test_dTARGET\test_ dTRGT_trgt.mdl

(note the mix of slashes and backslashes in the above path, but this was also the same for the stuff it loaded before and at those points it did not crash yet.)

Using Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
    Processor: AMD Athlon X4 740 Quad Core 3.20GHz
    4.00GB RAM
    Edit: Only one monitor connected

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: RogueSystemSim.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5577364b
    Fault Module Name: RogueSystemSim.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5577364b
    Exception Offset: 004c8566
    Exception Code: c0000409
    Exception Data: 00000007
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 14fa
    Additional Information 2: 14fa084f4b1275880a742b9ca70a2baa
    Additional Information 3: 74cf
    Additional Information 4: 74cf8a51f5a1b8a471eaf1514933f101

Screenshot attached.

Edit: problem solved by removing the downloaded OpenAL32.dll and running oalinst from the Utilities folder

Administrator
    Hi, sorry you're having trouble...

The file is not the issue--just the last thing loaded before the crash.

For OpenAL, there is a "utilities" folder with the installer as well (just saying).

As for the crash itself, my first question is are you CERTAIN you have the latest nVidia driver? This is an absolute requirement.

Thanks for the extremely quick reply.

I found the troubleshooting guide and I removed the OpenAL32.dll file I had downloaded and I ran the oalinst from the utilities folder.

That solved the problem, I can play the game.

Cheers!

Administrator
    Excellent news! Glad you're up and running

Administrator
    For any nVidia users having the issue of RogSys not running, or dying when a mission begins (AFTER you've made sure the nVidia drivers are up to date), please see this post here for a potential, interim fix: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...l=1#post366870

Thank you...

After I reinstalled my drivers and installed open Al from RogSys folder my problem also got fixed. Game actually loaded properly.