Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Change Log

Quote Originally Posted by wisdom_bin View Post
    pfft. Of course not. It should be inches and feet.
    As long as you don't mix them up between the code...

Anyway, a small changelog but, oh my, such great additions! Having to eyeball your velocity vectors is seldom a great idea

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Klionheart View Post
    As long as you don't mix them up between the code...

Anyway, a small changelog but, oh my, such great additions! Having to eyeball your velocity vectors is seldom a great idea
    Yeah, was feeling under the weather early in the week, and still a bit sluggish yesterday and the day before. Fully back up and running now though (in fact, I feel REALLY good this morning). Obviously there was a lot of stress involved with the eAccess release and I just needed a breather

Administrator
    Updated first post -- A/P attitude alignments are in (preliminary implementation). In this first pass they can take a moment or two to precisely align the ship, but they do get there. I even tried putting the ship in a fairly aggressive roll and they still managed to align properly (took a lot longer, but they made it).

When using alignments, they will cancel the yaw and pitch holds if set. If they didn't, then the holds would fight the alignments. However, the roll hold remains active if set. With this, you could allow the AP to align to prograde, and then use roll hold to roll the ship onto its back (typical space shuttle orbital profile) and keep it there. Also, something I find a bit cool--once the AP is set you can leave the seat and walk to the back. Every-so-often you'll hear the RCS firing to continue maintaining the alignment. It's a little thing, but it lets you know the ship is still "alive", if that makes sense....

When you see them in action you may think they're a bit "broken" at first. They will initially overshoot the vector a little and then thrust back, becoming more and more precise until alignment is achieved. What you need to remember here is that the A/P just doesn't rotate the ship by X degrees on each axis until it's aligned. Rather, the A/P has to analyze the deviations, and then send commands to the flight control system to fire the proper RCS thrusters. So, as with the holds, the AP is actually FLYING this ship.

What needs to happen to clean this up is a bit of prediction, which I'm not doing in this first pass. This is the way with RogSys, you will come to find. Things come in passes--get them working, get them working BETTER, then one last pass for good measure. It will stay this way until, hopefully, I can add a couple team members to take some of my workload away, which would allow me to spend more time on each task upfront. Doesn't matter, either way we get what we want in the end At this point, as long as they are functional and can achieve the intended result (which these do), then we're good!

I am very happy to hear that you are making steady progress.

My hope is that the more the sim gets fleshed out and functional that more people will take it seriously and buy into it. Not only that, but the more faith people have in the project and your ability to bring it to fruition, I am sure that many people will upgrade their early access tier.

I am excited to see RS come together into the world's first truly immersive and seamless space experience simulator.

-Rasi
    -Rasi

Good to see that progress is coming a long nicely.

Sounds like you want a PID controller for the alignment AP? Shouldn't need to do any "prediction" given you know how far off vector you are and how much angular change you can supply? But that's calculus and calculus isn't fun :P

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by draeath View Post
    Sounds like you want a PID controller for the alignment AP? Shouldn't need to do any "prediction" given you know how far off vector you are and how much angular change you can supply? But that's calculus and calculus isn't fun :P
    That's what I meant, really. Right now I'm driving purely from the current deviation--won't be a stretch to add in the missing elements later...

Hi Michael, I guess if there will be some smaller updates before the 15th of July. That would be very very enthusiastic for all of us =D

I think the 15th is best reserved for feature introductions.

Bug fixes I feel should be the only things introduced sooner. (Hint Hint, I'd love to see the overheating bugs fixed, as it puts a hamper on how much I can play around with the systems and examine their faults, and uncovering other bugs, such as what happens when the ship runs out of fuel)
    -Rasi

Some good stuff on this changelog, dunno if I can handle the wait!
    Might have to install DCS or BMS again just to flip som switches!