Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rogue System Videos

My first attempt of interplanetary flight. Took me quite a while to get myself to learn the start up procedure. So for me this is quite an accomplishment.
    Altough, something went terribly wrong at the end.

Visit my YouTube channel to see my racing videos and other random stuff!
    "If in doubt, flat out!" Colin McRae

This thread seems to be dead; let's bring it back to life!

Hi all!
    Here is my attempt at the Target Ring Rescue mission. I start the docking procedure at about 10:00, and finally "dock" at about 16:20, I say "dock" because even tough I'm aligned with the localizer and have the enabled emergency docking I just go behind the localizer and bump the ring. Is this even possible?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbojim1997 View Post
    This thread seems to be dead; let's bring it back to life!

Hi all!
    Here is my attempt at the Target Ring Rescue mission. I start the docking procedure at about 10:00, and finally "dock" at about 16:20, I say "dock" because even tough I'm aligned with the localizer and have the enabled emergency docking I just go behind the localizer and bump the ring. Is this even possible?
    Nice video. Although I skipped through (busy working), I never NOTICED that you ever engaged the emergency clamp. But, it's a fast step so I'm assuming I just missed it. However, the issue with not connecting was because your z axis CLOSURE rate (zV) was too fast (even though everything else as aligned). There is a fairly big collision tolerance before you actually hit the ring's towing collar, so that explains the camera penetrating a bit.

But yeah, you just closed on it too quickly. Eventually, hitting the collar that fast will cause damage to the collar and/or clamp itself...

He did it!

Yay, he did it!
    Scott Manley released another RS video. It's the rescue mission.

[MYOUTUBE]8EjTgQREcwk[/MYOUTUBE]

Thanks, watching it now!
    Can cantankerous cans candidly containing cancerous contaminants coexist considering conclusive conspiracies claim canning cantaloupes can cause comically concentric callouses?

In one day, 17k+ views, 150+ comments, 500+ thumb up for the vid : great exposure ! And to a public that may buy this game (now or later)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryss View Post
    In one day, 17k+ views, 150+ comments, 500+ thumb up for the vid : great exposure ! And to a public that may buy this game (now or later)
    Well, many are opting for "later", based on the numbers Rogue System is on almost 5k peoples Steam wishlist. While that is good news for the future, for sure, having maybe half of those convert now would be a good thing (since minimum publisher funding has ceased, as per contract). If I hope to expand the team, sales will need a good kick in the pants, which is why it was so important to get to Steam and see what happens in the first three/four months. At this point though, based on early numbers, I am gearing up for continued solo work and the streamlined Core Module (hope for the best, but plan for the worst).