Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: nVidea graphics crash soon after turorial start

Administrator
    just looked at all the info in OpenGL crash folder--didn't see anything obvious, and your gamesettings.rog file looks okay.

Maybe try altering multi-display/mixed GPU setting, shadercache and power mangement mode to performance (think that's the setting).

Thanks for all the info, and your help...

Altered those 3 settings, no change.
    Added a registry setting
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/Lib...v=vs.85).aspx:
    Specifies the number of seconds that the GPU can delay the pre-empt request from the GPU scheduler. This is effectively the timeout threshold. The default value is 2 seconds.

TdrDelay is now 10 secs as recommended by others who are fighting this TDR Error 7. No change :-)
    It does pause 10 seconds before killing the driver though, so it is actually doing something, just not the right thing!

Help? No problem. I've just taken early retirement from the sysadmin world, where I used to spend too much time diagnosing adolescent apps, so I'm happy to work on something to my own advantage for once <vbg>

Administrator
    Thanks. Question, are you able to run through tutorial 1 without issue, or does that one crash as well?

Well, as mentioned above, by ignoring the tutorial instruction to click the midships light button, I can in reality,just make my merry way into the cockpit. However, I cannot see further instructions as I haven't obeyed the last tutorial step. That's where I run out of knowledge to go further! I've watched the Youtube videos which is how I've bumbled my way into the cockpit.

You have given me an idea that I should have tried earlier though. Follow a different tutorial ......

Back shortly

Administrator
    IF you can get through tutorial 1, can you also get through tutorial 7?

Pah, who needs Tutorial 1 :-)

NO crashes in Turorial 2!

Followed it through to the pitch exercise. Then nipped back to give the midships light switch a good looking at. No issue at all!

I can do what I like around the switch now and it doesn't generate a crash. Weird eh?

EDIT: Its a bit less straight forward. Got a crash immediately trying to launch No.6, then went back to 2 and checked the switch before following the tutorial. Got a crash.
    Just give me a bit more time and I'll try and find the pattern.

Is that a secret Tutorial 7? I can only see up to number 6?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazer View Post
    Pah, who needs Tutorial 1 :-)

NO crashes in Turorial 2!

Followed it through to the pitch exercise. Then nipped back to give the midships light switch a good looking at. No issue at all!

I can do what I like around the switch now and it doesn't generate a crash. Weird eh?

EDIT: Its a bit less straight forward. Got a crash immediately trying to launch No.6, then went back to 2 and checked the switch before following the tutorial. Got a crash.
    Just give me a bit more time and I'll try and find the pattern.

Is that a secret Tutorial 7? I can only see up to number 6?
    Yeah, if you can find a pattern, that would be great (doesn't appear to be art-related though if you got it to work, even for a short time).

Sorry, I meant the last tutorial 6--the fixed weapons primer (there WAS a 7th tutorial that I had to pull at the last minute)...

So now just within 0.3km of the station in Tutorial 2. Nice and stable. Very pleased with myself. Pride comes before a fall right?
    (GUI) Crash. Not a midships button in sight!
    Continuing ... but it's late now here. Tomorrow will have to do, sorry. Nite.

Hi

I have been experimenting with different graphics drivers. I've installed the following driver versions:

I cannot see any differences in the number of crashes.
    My test is to launch Tutorial 1, turn round and left click in the general direction of the midships light.
    A crash happens within 1 and 10 clicks, rarely more.
    My next test will be to install another hdd and disconnect the others. I'll reinstall a copy of win7 update it, install fresh drivers.
    I'll also probably connect a single LCD monitor instead of the TV.

Back later.

Administrator
    Again, thanks for all the effort!