If you've found your way here, chances are you are interested in adding your own content to Rogue System. One of the things I've tried VERY hard to do is make RogSys very accessible to modders. You can add or modify ships, ship systems, effects, UI and more. In fact, the directory structure is such that you could create an entirely "new" space sim by adding a new "Mod" sub-folder with all new content. At least, that is the intended goal. In part this all works, as the current content makes use of the same format that modders would use.

Now, the problem currently is that in this early stage of development EVERYTHING is ALWAYS in state of change--new variables are always being added/removed/refined, ship systems are constantly being added and refined, and for sure there are many features not yet implemented (and WON'T be until the gameplay that would make use of them comes up on the schedule). The other problem is that right now *I* am the only developer. This means I don't have a lot of spare time to answer modding questions, and tools are certainly forced down to the lower part of the To-Do list....

The main goal of early-access is to be able to expand the team. One of these new team members would be a tools programmer, and she/he would immediately begin working on mod tools. The sooner this work can begin, the easier it will be for you guys to start adding your own content.

The point of all this is that while RogSys is meant to be a space-sim modder's dream-come-true, I have to ask you to have patience and understand it may be some time until you can reliably add the content you want. If you post questions I will do my best to answer in a timely manner; but please don't be offended if I can't get back to your right away.

If you haven't already, please check out the general forum guidelines before posting: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...rum-Guidelines

Also, I strongly suggest that you back up any files BEFORE you tinker with them. It is currently VERY easy to cause a data-related crash. Bugs resulting from modified files will not be considered until such time that all systems are finalized and considered stable.

That said, if you want to start on some art I can give you some fundamental guidelines that are pretty solid:
--Your art should be built using a 1 unit = 1 meter scale
--It's recommended that for ship interiors that you can walk around in, the corridors be at LEAST 1 meter wide (2 meters is even better) and at least 2.5 meters high
--Ship exteriors should match up with the interiors. Scales and shapes should NOT be cheated between interior and exterior visuals
--Art should be exported in the FBX format
--Texture atlasing is HIGHLY recommended to keep material counts as low as possible

NOTE: keep in mind that you are solely responsible for any content that you create that draws from a 3rd party's IP. If you create these types of assets you do so at your own risk.