Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A particular mod in rfactor stops working suddenly for no apparent reason?

Here's what it said in the trace file.

TRACE LEVEL = 3
    NetComm.cpp 11193: NetComm checking command line: "-trace=3"
    game.cpp 1211: Entered Game::Enter()
    osman.cpp 540: Entered OSMan::Enter()
    plrfile.cpp 2314: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
    setup.cpp 2818: WARNING: Unable to find track-specific gdb file for: GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\CRC2014Tracks\Rd13_Belgium\CRC_ Spa2014\CRC_Spa2014 aaa.scn
    setup.cpp 2298: Could not find Safety.dds
    gamestats.cp 906: RaceCast Location set to: racecast.rfactor.net
    plrfile.cpp 1727: Attempting to save to USERDATA\Childcar Racing 2014\Childcar Racing 2014.TMP
    plrfile.cpp 1757: Retcode: 0 for renaming to USERDATA\Childcar Racing 2014\Childcar Racing 2014.PLR
    vidman.cpp 1229: Entered VidMan::Enter()

redapg
    With that trace file (and without having the mod here) i would say that there seems to be a problem with playing a video.
    Especially because you've written "... it loaded up fine but when it was about to load the second intro before entering the menu but then it comes up with the old "rFactor has stopped working" message".

I would suggest to delete the videos of the mod (they can be in the rfm-, a mod-specific video- or UI-folder) and see if it changes anything.

My first suspect would be a video in the UIData folder of the mod.

With me it crashes before the first intro

Quote Originally Posted by redapg View Post
    With that trace file (and without having the mod here) i would say that there seems to be a problem with playing a video.
    Especially because you've written "... it loaded up fine but when it was about to load the second intro before entering the menu but then it comes up with the old "rFactor has stopped working" message".

I would suggest to delete the videos of the mod (they can be in the rfm-, a mod-specific video- or UI-folder) and see if it changes anything.

redapg
    Try deleting all videos of the mod and see if it changes things.

Nope, no difference

redapg
    OK, maybe it has something to do with your operating system.
    The other guy who has the same problem as you, does he have Windows 8 too?

And is someone of the guys where the mod runs without any problem using Windows 8?

Did you try to run rfactor as administrator?

Yes is the answer to all 3 of the questions. The weird thing is though is with both of us it was working perfectly fine before without any issue and I honestly did nothing to it in between when it worked and when it didn't

I vaguely recall something to do with shaders, gamadata/shared map if i'm correct. not sure what the trick was but it included letting the game create new ones, maybe it triggers Redapg's epic memory.

redapg
    Too much of honor Denstjiro my memory too often lets me alone
    But normally, when you have a problem with shaders, you should get an error-message from the game like "g-motor error, could not load..." or something like that.

The difficulty with such errors is, that some do have it and some do not, with apparently same credentials.
    And when you don't have the problem making things on your own machine and can't reproduce it, makes things not easier.

But let me ask some more questions:
    - do you have windows autoupdate activated?
    If yes, please take a look if there was an update installed shortly before the error appeared.

- do you have more than the problem making mod installed in the same rfactor-folder?
    If yes, move into the rfm-folder and rename the rfm-file-extension from the problem-mod from "rfm" into e.g. "rfx", or move the rfm-file to the desktop. Then delete (or move it to the desktop too) the *.CCH file of the mod from the folder ..\UserData\[Your Nickname]. And as last thing, open the file "KnownRFMs.ini" which you can find in the ..\UserData-folder and delete the line from the mod.
    Start the game. Is it running normal now?

If yes, rename the rfm file to original extension again and start the game.
    If it runs normal, close it and start it a second time.
    Do you get the same error then?

Nope, no updates were installed in between when it worked or not. and I tried what you said, and I still have the issue.