Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A particular mod in rfactor stops working suddenly for no apparent reason?

A particular mod in rfactor stops working suddenly for no apparent reason?

This is not an issue that I've been having, this is an issue my mate has had, cos when I was on holiday last week, we agreed that he'd run practice and qualifying for one of the races in my AI series, so I sent him the mod, and when he tried it on Wednesday, it was all working fine. But a day later, it wasn't working, basically what he said happened was it loaded up fine but when it was about to load the second intro before entering the menu but then it comes up with the old "rFactor has stopped working" message. The weird thing is he hadn't done anything to rfactor since it was working, he hadn't installed any mods or made any modifications or anything. He had uninstalled a few programmes which we think have no relation to rfactor but I'll mention them anyway as they might have an unknown relation. Power director 11, wondershare vid editor, his PC backup and a few internet addons. He also tried making a fresh install of rfactor and inserted the mod, but no difference, but without the mod it's fine. There is clearly nothing wrong with the mod, as 1. It was working fine the day before the issue and he hadn't made any modifications before he had the issue, and 2. I have sent the mod to 2 other people and they have the mod working fine. I actually had to move this race to a later date as we simply couldn't sort out the problem, but I'm posting it here for the future. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Hello?

redapg
    Seems like a new quiz here .

Basically, software never quits working without a reason......

Did you make a trace and can you post the trace-file entries?

Maybe before that, you can try with installing dx9 again.

HERE you can get the latest version (don't use the webinstaller!!)

Ok earlier today I did practice on my new PC and that was fine, however now for some reason it's not working and by the description it looks like the same issue my mate has, and I've actually done nothing to my PC at all between when it worked and when it didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by redapg View Post
    Seems like a new quiz here .

Basically, software never quits working without a reason......

Did you make a trace and can you post the trace-file entries?

Maybe before that, you can try with installing dx9 again.

HERE you can get the latest version (don't use the webinstaller!!)

Guys plz I'm in a rush to get this sorted

redapg
    Please make a trace and post the whole content of the tracefile.

Which mod is it (downloadlink)?

Where can u find trace files and it's a custom private mod based on f1rfr

redapg
    To create a tracefile, you have to do:

- if you don't have one, create a shortcut from rfactor.exe
    - rightclick on it an choose "properties"
    - in the line "target" add this at the end: -trace=3
    ATTENTION, there has to be a space in front of the "-".
    - the new line at the end should look like ......rfactor.exe -trace=3 or ......rfactor.exe" -trace=3
    - click OK and start the game by using the shortcut
    - move to the point where the game crashes
    - when it crashed, go to your rfactor installation folder, and then into the folder UserData/LOG
    - there you'll find a file called trace.txt

Attention: every new tracefile will overwrite the old one. So to save them, you have to rename them or move them to another place.

Can't see the line "target" anywhere, I'm using Windows 8.

redapg
    But you can still create a shortcut right?

What shows up when you've created one, rightclick on it and choose "properties"?

In W7 a window with some tabs opens and one of these tabs contains the properties of the shortcut, where you can find the "target"-line. Looks like this (sorry it's in german language, because i am german ):

Maybe you can post screenshots how it looks at W8 or someone who uses W8 too and knows how to add the trace option, answers here.