Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do i have to set up to get my CF working?

Same issue as OP here, with dual pre-OC'ed 6970s. Framerate was so horrible (15-25) on all tracks with just one car running I gave up, hopefully this will be fixed by the time rF2 goes golden. I should stress that I have NO problem getting great Xfire results on my 2560 X 1600 Dell U3011 with ANY other sim (including rF1, all Simbins)- even the alphas of pCars run at a (vsync - limited) steady 60 fps at ultra graphics settings in DX11.

LOTS of work left to do here.

BTW the 12.11 beta driver solves the no-idling issues for the Radeon series introduced by 12.10.

Hey guys, has anyone seen any improvement/changes using CF since the new rf2 build and/or drivers?

I have a HIS Iceq Turbo 6950 2GB... to CF or not to CF that is the question. lol

Spinelli

What do i have to set up to get my CF working?

Lopsided I have 2 HIS 6950 iceq turbos crossfire. Freaking amazing cards, both shaders unlocked to 6970 specs, and soooooooo cool, even the top card in crossfire barley gets warm. I am in love with HIS cards. I have no idea why the hardcore mainstream gamer guys are always going on about Asus, MSI, Sapphire without ever including HIS.

The HIS 6950 IceQ Turbo has a full 5 out of 5 rating on newegg out of about 300 reviews I never see that, usually the best products still have "only" a 4 or 4.5.

Crossfire it and overclock it man these cards are sick!!!

Or you can sell it and get a 7950, 7950 is around double the performance of a 6950, the 7950 has more potential with further overclocking though. You can get used 7950s for 235-260. New they are 280 (after mail in rebate) to 320 for the very best ones (HIS IceQ X2 and MSI Lightning, and the high end Sapphire one as well).

Sell your current card for 140-160, and get a 7950, same or better performance as crossfired 6950s, plus single card convenience, cooling, noise and smoothness, plus a big increase in performance in games with tessellation

Hi Spinelli, Thanks for the input, I wanted to mention that the only gaming I do is race sims. Does that influence your opinion on me using crossfire? Are you having any issues with stuttering?
    Bailey

Spinelli

Stuttering only occurs for me when my frames are jumping up and down, or they are really low.

Vsync would fix it, but i can't drive with that input lag.

What I do is use a program to limit my frame rate (I use dxtory) I set it to 119 or 120, for RF I use the built in one in the notepad file. You can set it to whatever you like, 60 is fine too.

I have to admit though, when i disabled crossfire, and only enabled 1 card, everything was more fluid, it almost felt like I turned on vsync, like it was half way between vsync and non-vsync smooth, but that is one of those things where if I never tried it then I would have never noticed.

In battlefield bc2 i dont use a fps limiter or vsync, and I have no stutters, now like i stated above, I'm sure if I disabled 1 of the cards I might find it more glossy smooth, but there's nothing noticeable in bc2.

Bioshock I use the fps limiter at 60, it's beautiful.

Borderlands was perfect too at 60 fps limited. The only time I could notice any stuttering was when I was on a car driving fast and I would look at the scenery comming past me at the very very sides of the screen, they would sometimes look like they are hoping/stuttering/skipping towards me, j notice this in GTL as well, but it's only when i purposely look for it do I see it.

I would honestly sell the 6950 and get a 7950. It would be the same price, if not cheaper, no???

With the beta 13.2 drivers, the ATI cards should be smoother in crossfire and out of crossfire so the choice is slightly more difficult hehe. Getting the 7970 or the 7950 is probably the best way to go so that you won't have to replace the card later on though.
    I don't know what I don't know, but I know EVERYTHING else!
    PC System Designer|Student of Graphic Design

Spinelli

Quote Originally Posted by Gearjammer View Post
    With the beta 13.2 drivers, the ATI cards should be smoother in crossfire and out of crossfire so the choice is slightly more difficult hehe. Getting the 7970 or the 7950 is probably the best way to go so that you won't have to replace the card later on though.
    The problem so far is that the current leaked 13.2 with all the amazing frame skipping improvements, still don't fix multi-GPU + Eyefinity setups, only single screen multi-GPU (((((

Yeah, we can only hope they get something out soon that will address the issues as the cost for multi-GPU systems running the 7XXX series is not cheap, hehehe.
    I don't know what I don't know, but I know EVERYTHING else!
    PC System Designer|Student of Graphic Design