NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 2258 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Advanced Audio Settings

Advanced Audio Settings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Advancedaudio.jpg 
Views:	957 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	86
    MUSIC VOLUME:
    Loudness of background music heard in menu screens
    SOUND EFFECTS VOLUME:
    Loudness of sound effects. Tire skid, collisions, crowds, road noise etc...
    ENGINE VOLUME:
    Loudness of your vehicles engine
    PLAYER VOLUME RATIO:
    Ratio of your Vehicles sounds overall
    OPPONENT VOLUME RATIO:
    Ratio of your opponents vehicles overall. Example - If your opponents vehicles are louder than yours, turn yours up, or theirs down.
    NUMBER OF EFFECTS:
    Total available effects sounds.
    SPOTTER DETAIL:
    Five levels of spotter detail from Off to Full. How often you will hear your spotter where used, and the frequency of calls he will make.
    SPOTTER LAP TIMES:
    - Always: Spotter always calls lap times
    - Except Race: Spotter calls lap times in all sessions except during a race.
    - Never: Spotter never calls lap times

SPOTTER VOLUME:
    Spotter loudness

Ambient sounds

Where does rFactor say what ambient track sounds to use? Some tracks seem to be worse than others, I know where the sound files are kept but where in the track does it tell it what files to use?

Hi, I have problems with the sound of the other cars, my engine is always louder than the other players, this is a big problem for syncronize revs in downshifts, or in the starts of the races for engage clutch, critical moments with catastrophic consequences...

The sliders in the sounds menu are set to my max volume and min the others but the difference is very little in volume ratio.

I see in the plr some lines referred to this but I would be grateful if you to give me some guidance values.

Thanks in advance.
    "Be throttle, my friend"

Off the top of my head, you can set the same value via the PLR (Other Volume Ratio="0.50000") to a lower value (maybe "0.2" or similar) and I think it will stick when you start rFactor - sometimes though, when you set up values outside those available in the menus, they can reset themselves to allowable (GUI) values even when you look at them, and certainly if you click to change them. So I'm not sure.

Hi! I have the problem of "stuttering" sound. When I race it's ok but when I press "pause" or enter race menu or main menu it starts to stutter. I've also noticed that when I enter sound options menu or start recording video with fraps stuttering stops, but when I go back to main menu or stop recording it starts again. I'll be gratefull for your help.