NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 123 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Use more than 2 GB RAM

Use more than 2 GB RAM

Hi. Is it possible to force rFactor 1 use more than 2 gb RAM? I've tried to do this by using 4 gb patch by NTCore. But after patching rFactor executable game performance didn't improve (low fps with big field of cars) and when I checked in task manager it always had been using 1.8-1.9 gb RAM. My system is Windows 7 x64 with 6 gb RAM.

It'll only use more than 2GB if it needs to. If it does need to, and you haven't patched it, you'll either have cars/objects not loading or the game crashing (I can't quite remember, it's been a while). For the most part game performance isn't affected at all - it's just about the amount of data (size of tracks/cars) that you can load.

Thank you for the answer.
    As I've been advised at other forum, I'll try to load a bigger grid of cars and see if the game will use more than 2 Gb RAM

You were right. With larger grid of cars the game started using above 2 gb. So the patch is wofking fine)