NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 347 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: translation thrust axii

translation thrust axii

Not sure if this is on the wishlist, so here it is.

Currently we can bind fore/aft/up/down/left/right RCS as buttons, but these are not presented as an axis. I'd like to have this.

I just got the recently released Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS. One of the neat things about the throttle is that it includes a gamepad style stick and an analog paddle (works like a stick's twist axis). This would be *perfect* for RCS use, as it wo allows simultaneous control of all 6 DOF, as well as whatever the throttle itself is set to (eg MTS).
    Volunteer Rogue System Wiki Moderator
    Come visit the Rogue System Discord Server!

Hi Draeth,
    This will be available in the next version to roll out byu the looks:
    I've done a quick rework of the control binding UI to handle the recent updates. I now have to go through the UI manager code to get it to play nice. I expect this to take a few days. After that, the only thing I'll have left to tackle is toggle switch handling.

Just FYI, I have removed the pitch, roll, and yaw commands. The pitch up/down, roll and yaw left/right commands permanently taking their place. What this means is the same code will handle commands from either axes or buttons/keys. It also means that you will now be able to bind axes to translation controls. What's really nice is that since you can now use modifiers on axes, you can layer rotation and translation controls to the same axes if you want.

My hope is that all these changes will give you all a LOT more freedom and flexibility with control bindings...
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/366000...5758532/?ctp=2

Oh, NICE!

... activity here seems low, and I didn't realize we (this sim specifically, not in general :P) had discussion groups on Steam. Should I be over there paying attention?
    Volunteer Rogue System Wiki Moderator
    Come visit the Rogue System Discord Server!

Yes mate, I think the Steam forum is the more active one! (though both are quiet at the mo between updates)