Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: rFactor 2 gets a boost as ISI announce a partnership with Luminis

Excellent news. This was so much need for rF2 to put in the top in all technical aspects regarding racing simulation.

Thanks and congrats Studio 397

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

It seems to be the same dutch company which helps Reiza with new title's code alterations (using base gMotor).

Why this 397 number just out of curiosity?

Good Luck on the new stage.

What will this mean for modders who've invested time and effort in DX9 quality vehcles & tracks? Forgive my ignorance but will the DX9 stuff be poorly represented with the DX11 upgrade or is it more dependent on texture qualities used?

Quote Originally Posted by bravotangosix View Post
    What will this mean for modders who've invested time and effort in DX9 quality vehcles & tracks? Forgive my ignorance but will the DX9 stuff be poorly represented with the DX11 upgrade or is it more dependent on texture qualities used?
    It isn't mesh detail or texture quality that differs between DX versions, the difference is the shader models.

How many mods just dumped DX7&8 support in rf1? I'd be willing to bet this will be similar due to the added work required. While only modding for a single DX version is great, I hope my hand is not forced to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by lordpantsington View Post
    It isn't mesh detail or texture quality that differs between DX versions, the difference is the shader models.

How many mods just dumped DX7&8 support in rf1? I'd be willing to bet this will be similar due to the added work required. While only modding for a single DX version is great, I hope my hand is not forced to 11.
    So does that mean that this upgrade will work best for those mod teams who've tried to stretch beyond the DX9 constraints and have tried to make it more than the sum of its parts or will it still require large volumes of effort to upgrade the shaders of every mod? Again forgive my lack of knowledge on this matter. Am trying to figure out what the ramifications of the move to DX11 will be.
    Last edited by bravotangosix; 09-16-16 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcG View Post
    You assume wrong, it clearly states it's a partnership not a takeover
    Yeah, poor assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodee View Post
    Further updates will be Steam only now anyway.
    It's been awhile since I've been around and missed that. I should have got up-to-date before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by ECAR_Tracks View Post
    It seems to be the same dutch company which helps Reiza with new title's code alterations (using base gMotor).

Why this 397 number just out of curiosity?

Good Luck on the new stage.
    (asked and was told) most number of laps run in the Lemans 24 Hour
    Last edited by guod; 09-17-16 at 11:58 AM.

I think this is great news, any development/content done on this brilliant sim is welcome

I just can't work out 397 ? is it the building number, a bus/train/flight route, an old carburetor, phone number, Red Bull's sponsorship income ($397m), a watch battery, or a hashtag ?

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul20 View Post
    Tim - Some questions:

I assume this means ISI is no longer an entity? What happens to this forum? How much of the ISI staff are continuing with Studio 397?

This deal should likely only see the game rFactor 2 operate under new ownership. No other changes. ISI staff likely had work for ISI outside of just rf2. Good question on forum ownership if 397 studios will have their own thing or simply keep status quo.

See the post immediately above yours for the answer-- namely, LeMans lap time. In seconds, presumably.

Very Good News
    hola

Quote Originally Posted by bravotangosix View Post
    So does that mean that this upgrade will work best for those mod teams who've tried to stretch beyond the DX9 constraints and have tried to make it more than the sum of its parts or will it still require large volumes of effort to upgrade the shaders of every mod? Again forgive my lack of knowledge on this matter. Am trying to figure out what the ramifications of the move to DX11 will be.
    The standard shaders are pre-programmed into the game engine, so the modder's task is basically to pick the proper shader for the materials in the mod and tune its parameters. Compared with building a car from scratch in 3D modeller, this is a fairly minor task. I would also assume that DX9 shaders could continually be run in some sort of DX9 compatibility mode, at least iRacing did a parallel transition from DX9 to DX11 where user was given the option to select DX level.

Quote Originally Posted by stonec View Post
    The standard shaders are pre-programmed into the game engine, so the modder's task is basically to pick the proper shader for the materials in the mod and tune its parameters. Compared with building a car from scratch in 3D modeller, this is a fairly minor task. I would also assume that DX9 shaders could continually be run in some sort of DX9 compatibility mode, at least iRacing did a parallel transition from DX9 to DX11 where user was given the option to select DX level.
    A "bump spec map T1" in DX9 ... is a "bump spec map T1" in DX11.

VR support ?! Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GTClub_wajdi View Post
    VR support ?! Yes
    I have tears in my eyes

I'm all in for this, as long as they keep the physics untouched. It would break my heart if they would break the physics and specially FFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaux View Post
    I'm all in for this, as long as they keep the physics untouched. It would break my heart if they would break the physics and specially FFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    See the post immediately above yours for the answer-- namely, LeMans lap time. In seconds, presumably.
    Cheers

Great great news !
    Congratulations ISI.

I always taken seriously the idea to invest on some game developers if one day my bucket would be large enough.
    The first one would be ISI not because of rf2 but also because of the philosophy of development they have for the sim racing world.
    Two partners with the same passion would be terrific for the future.
    Now our waitings will at the same level lollll
    Cheers Guys

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast