NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 444 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: T500RS loses connectivity randomly

T500RS loses connectivity randomly

Hi folks,

I have a weird problem with my t500rs. Sometimes in between launches and esp. when exiting the sim (rfactor2 or FBMS, doesn't matter), I get an intermittent, crackling noise in the speakers (although I'm using headphones) and the green LED on the wheelbase starts to flicker alongside the crackling.

When unplugging the wheel and plugging it back in, it fails to initialize (not completing the usual 720 deg wheel rotation).

The only cure seems to be a cold reboot of the system (win7 prof 64bit). AFAIK I'm on the latest wheel firmware.

Has anybody else seen this problem?

Thanks in advance & all the best, Uwe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tm.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	20711

Is that the latest driver? Mine says 2.8.54.0

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll try a driver update and report back.

All the best,

Uwe

Quote Originally Posted by hoover View Post
    Hi folks,

I have a weird problem with my t500rs. Sometimes in between launches and esp. when exiting the sim (rfactor2 or FBMS, doesn't matter), I get an intermittent, crackling noise in the speakers (although I'm using headphones) and the green LED on the wheelbase starts to flicker alongside the crackling.

When unplugging the wheel and plugging it back in, it fails to initialize (not completing the usual 720 deg wheel rotation).

The only cure seems to be a cold reboot of the system (win7 prof 64bit). AFAIK I'm on the latest wheel firmware.

Has anybody else seen this problem?

Thanks in advance & all the best, Uwe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tm.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	20711
    I would try to use another usb port
    English is not my native language. Please be patient ;-)
    Space Shooter for free ;-)

Yes, I've had random power loss on my T500RS . It first started ontrack in rF2 but I found that I could make it lose power at the desktop (Win10) if I quickly turned the wheel left to right .
    I down-graded the firmware and that seemed to fix it but the next day it started to fail again . I kept trying different firmware and driver combinations but nothing was helping .
    I found that if I disconnected the USB and the power brick from the wall for a few
    minutes then reconnected , the wheel would come back to life (capacitor drain I presume) but would die again when I 'worked' the wheel .

Finally , I was on track when the wheel died , so I ESC back to the pit but stayed in session and fully disconnected the wheel .
    After a few minutes I reconnected the wheel and unusually rF2 recognised the T500RS
    (usually have to exit the game and rejoin if wheel is disconnected so that rF2 can 'see' the wheel again) . Went out on track and the wheel works fine and haven't had a problem since (fingers crossed).
    HTH , Lee .

Looking good on my end so far, no connectivity losses since updating to the latest drivers.

All the best,

Uwe

I had this happen pretty often when I had a T500 as well. In my case I discovered that it had nothing to do with the drivers but with the USB cables not being able to transmit fast enough due to the excess of peripherals and hubs being connected at the same time to the PC. Adding powered hubs and later on begin connecting the T500 only after the main boot had been completely eliminated the issue. So if your issue returns you might want to try that approach.