NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 487 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Cobra M5 joystick : Cannot map controls because of mode button.

Cobra M5 joystick : Cannot map controls because of mode button.

(Well, for some reason my thread got blanked/duplicated while I tried posting; deeply sorry for that. Here's the original message :)

Hello,

I've ran into some issues trying to set up my controls for Rogue System.

I have a Defender Cobra M5 stick; it has a three-position "mode" switch to cycle between different mappings. That means that there one of those mode buttons is constantly held down.

(image from Windows control panel, mode buttons are n24-25-26. As you can see 25 is held down even though I am not touching the stick.)

I've been able to use this joystick with other simulations (ex. DCS), and encountered no issues with mapping.

However Rogue System seems to only detect the mode buttons. When clicking "assign" on a control, it instantly maps the currently active mode button. Axis controls are completely ignored.

Maybe there is an other way of detecting imput that does not cause this kind of issue ?

Despite the slight trouble, I have to say I am enjoying the sim a lot so far ! Best of luck with development :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wazle_Dazzle View Post
    (Well, for some reason my thread got blanked/duplicated while I tried posting; deeply sorry for that. Here's the original message
    This probably happened because first posts of new users containing links have to be approved by a moderator, AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazle_Dazzle View Post
    Maybe there is an other way of detecting imput that does not cause this kind of issue ?
    I think Michael has planned to get a similar problem fixed soon. Some people are having trouble with switches on joysticks.