NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 539 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: [0.2.01.02 SENSOR] MFD blocks external Docking mode Range numbers

[0.2.01.02 SENSOR] MFD blocks external Docking mode Range numbers

Hi Michael,
    Can't remember this being the case in other builds, but perhaps I just didn't notice.
    It seems the MFD gets in the way of a lot of the External Docking HUD elements now?..it would be best if they were clearly visible from default head position IMHO

ISI Staff Staff Michael Juliano's Avatar
    Hmmm. Nothing is blocked on my version here. Did you perhaps adjust your zoom levels maybe (just trying to think of what might offset them)?

I can confirm this one on 1920x1080. I started the game up without my TrackIR powered just to be sure the head position did not change.

Here's a screenshot.

This isn't really a problem for anyone with head tracking, but for those without it could be an issue.
    Volunteer Rogue System Wiki Moderator
    Come visit the Rogue System Discord Server!

That actually looks the way I had it. The lowest text elements are the X: and yO: indications, and they sit just above the top of the MFD. The circle dips down below, but there's no more information down that low (accept maybe the range indicator when it slides all the way to the bottom).

I could lift it up a bit, but I'd hate to have it off-center of your centerline point...

Maybe scale down the non-numeric components? The bar, angle crosses, and offset circle don't necessarily need to be as large as they are. But if this is done I don't think the numbers should be any smaller than they are.
    Volunteer Rogue System Wiki Moderator
    Come visit the Rogue System Discord Server!

I'm using trackir, but what dreath posted is what I saw.... issue was the range numerical value was obscured at the sub 1 metre range... I don't remember ever having to move my head to see it previously... minute stuff to be sure though, and I can definitely live with it as is

Well, the UI art isn't final yet, so we have time to give it a think. I could certainly scale down the graphic elements a bit.

*throws a 2cents in*

Is it possible to have 2 set ups? One where you focus on the docking (current UI layout) and one where you you have the graphic elements reduced in size down the side, allowing a better field of view infront without UI clutter whilst still managing to dock?

Quote Originally Posted by NovusNecrontyr View Post
    *throws a 2cents in*

Is it possible to have 2 set ups? One where you focus on the docking (current UI layout) and one where you you have the graphic elements reduced in size down the side, allowing a better field of view infront without UI clutter whilst still managing to dock?
    It is possible, yes