NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 426 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift Consumer unit 1 on schedule ( Announced on Twitter )

I'm not in a hurry, I will buy a VR headset when all the people that will buy their's will sell it because their PC can't make them run smooth and/or they will get nausea from VR.

Quote Originally Posted by Comante View Post
    I'm not in a hurry, I will buy a VR headset when all the people that will buy their's will sell it because their PC can't make them run smooth and/or they will get nausea from VR.
    I wish I were that smart.
    Last edited by Andrew_WOT; 12-29-15 at 11:41 PM.

Pre-orders going live in T-Minus 48 hours:

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/

The fact they refuse to announce the price ahead of time doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Was bracing for 499.99, but beginning to think that may be too optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Pre-orders going live in T-Minus 48 hours:

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/

The fact they refuse to announce the price ahead of time doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence. Was bracing for 499.99, but beginning to think that may be too optimistic.
    cool , great news , but pissed off they haven't announced the price , I'm very interested to see have they made it affordable for the average Joe .
    eatherway I'll get it but the more that get it the more games that will have to support VR .

Quote Originally Posted by Narrowbackwing View Post
    cool , great news , but pissed off they haven't announced the price , I'm very interested to see have they made it affordable for the average Joe .
    eatherway I'll get it but the more that get it the more games that will have to support VR .
    Playseat sells oculus now for 396$. This would be a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by gkz View Post
    Playseat sells oculus now for 396$. This would be a good price.
    ok , I see here that leak http://www.entertherift.fr/actualite...t-le-psvr.html

cheers .

So the rift is available at $599.... a bit more than the projected $350 that was the target

But what stopped me from ordering is the fact that although at todays exchange rate $599 is the equivalent of 410 (without shipping) the greedy gits somehow calculate it as 499 ( $730 ) and I'm not paying that.
    Make something idiotproof and someone will make a better idiot

Quote Originally Posted by lasercutter View Post
    So the rift is available at $599.... a bit more than the projected $350 that was the target

But what stopped me from ordering is the fact that although at todays exchange rate $599 is the equivalent of 410 (without shipping) the greedy gits somehow calculate it as 499 ( $730 ) and I'm not paying that.
    Now they have announced a price, HTC and Valve have a target to beat... kinda good that they get to go 2nd. Kind of like when E3 came around, Microsoft had to announce the price of the XBone be Sony announced theirs for PS4.

I still don't want VR until there is hand tracking (maybe Manus VR gloves?).
    Racing Sim Modding YouTube | rF2 Car, Track DATABASE and MAP | My Twitch Stream - twitch.tv/woodeetv | Community Driven rFactor 2 Wiki

It's a bit steep about 700 euro all in it would cost me , I will wait patiently .

I didn't go in either. Almost 700 dollars once you added tax + shipping. Plus the Oculus Touch controllers will be another 100+. And I was definitely interested in VR for more than sim racing. That's almost 800 dollars. We'll see if Vive can come in at under 1000. If I'm going to be looking at close to a grand anyway, I'd much rather get the whole shebang for the money.

What annoys me is I originally backed the DIY Rift on Kickstarter. But canceled after a couple days because while I love the Rift as a proof of concept, knew DK1 would suck from a usability POV. The fact that 275 dollar pledge came with some Steam store credit + a TF2 digital hat that was easily selling for 75+ made me kick myself. I kicked myself harder when it was then selling for 1000+ on ebay for months. And now they get CV1 for free. Why didn't I just keep the pledge, spend 2 hours with it, and ebay it for tons of profit It's not like I didn't know these type of things sell for tons of ebay.

I'm sure CV1 will be selling for a ton too, since it's clearly a small production scale and pre-orders are already into May. But 700 dollars is too much of a risk for me (to get a chargeback on).

Racing Sim Modding YouTube | rF2 Car, Track DATABASE and MAP | My Twitch Stream - twitch.tv/woodeetv | Community Driven rFactor 2 Wiki

Always thought I'd pre order an occulus but think I'll wait it out. The Vive sounds to me like it may be a better bit of kit.
    Can anyone explain compatibility with rF2? Basically if ISI support VR would it be occulus and vive or just one?

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Woodee View Post
    Sad bastards .

would cost me 1627.63 euro , that not business that's fn robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Markj View Post
    Always thought I'd pre order an occulus but think I'll wait it out. The Vive sounds to me like it may be a better bit of kit.
    Can anyone explain compatibility with rF2? Basically if ISI support VR would it be occulus and vive or just one?

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk
    Hoping that VR is kind cross-platform. I think it would be weird not having your hands in there yet though.

Guys, all international prices are including tax/vat/gst (whatever your region calls it) for that country. You will not have to pay tax on top of the quoted price, they have already said that.

Narrowbackwing, I dont know how you would pay >$1600 euro for a rift but that is obviously your tax system at work not oculus.

Quote Originally Posted by metalnwood View Post
    Narrowbackwing, I dont know how you would pay >$1600 euro for a rift but that is obviously your tax system at work not oculus.
    I think he was referring to the CV1 pre-order for sale on ebay (linked by woodee).
    Guide: Optimal FFB settings for rFactor 2 - The key to driving in the zone/flow

Quote Originally Posted by lasercutter View Post

You can't calculate your price basically 599USD into GBP. Doesn't work like that...never did and never will. In EU, we have taxes that are included as well. In the US, they also have taxes per state etc so their price varies as well and 599USD is before tax.

Quote Originally Posted by DrR1pper View Post
    I think he was referring to the CV1 pre-order for sale on ebay (linked by woodee).
    Correct .

Just placed my order for the Rift and it is time for ISI to got off their hinies and get RF2 Rift compatible ASAP

Pretty happy that I get a free one (orig backers ftw!) after seeing that price =D cant wait for VR to happen

I don't think the price will seem bad to the sim crowd, we're used to expensive things lol

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast