NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 429 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Allow binding translation to a joystick axis

Allow binding translation to a joystick axis

I just got myself a pair of T16000m joysticks, to use in a dual stick setup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzHVsUzSH0k)

I haven't touched Elite in over 6 months and it is reporting that downloading updates will take over a day... so I fired up Rogue System to try it out there.

Unfortunately the translation controls only allow "button only" assignments.

Ideally I'd like to have the left stick be able to control vertical/lateral translation. In addition, I have pedals which in Elite I use for foreward/backward thrust, so being able to assign those would be ideal.

ISI Staff Staff Michael Juliano's Avatar
    I hope to add this addition for the upcoming update if time allows. If not, it will definitely be in the update following.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Juliano View Post
    I hope to add this addition for the upcoming update if time allows. If not, it will definitely be in the update following.
    Awesome! Happy to pre-test a build for you if it would help

Any updates on this issue? I would like to bind translational movement to axis, too.