Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Design a ship

I might replace the docking port in the cargo bay with one in the nose, with the crew cabin section looking like the Apollo command module.

Thoughts on emergency solar array placement?

Quote Originally Posted by Naiba View Post
    Thoughts on emergency solar array placement?
    What do you think about this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiz0okv4ht...0Ship.jpg?dl=0
    I apologize in advance for any grammatical error or misuse of words, unfortunately my english is not good, but I've been working to improve it. Thank you all.

ISI Staff Staff Michael Juliano's Avatar
    Yes, Naiba's version works very well (the originals look a bit "small"). Conversely, could you mount them directly into the plating that they are currently attached to? Just a thought...

Howdy

A few month ago, i designed a Space Cruiser typed ship based on a more ISS Like look. What do you think?

Hey everybody!
    I know I'm late to this thread but I figured there's always room for more ship designs. I apologize for the crudeness of this build, I don't have a CAD program just yet, and this is what was available. (What format is best, any free or cheap(and easy.. lol) CAD programs? its currently a .obj file, hoping I can import or transition to something easier later.)

I induce to you: A Salvor
    A Rescue and salvage class, model Brant. Brant named after a small goose, known for its agility. However crews have always known them for their terrible landings but also it ability to find and recover itself from terrible situations. the design is a minimalistic as possible, while having a crew of 4-6 members fitted for salvage and recovery services. Some models did get refitted for science and mineral ops.

These types of ships were very common to find in constant disrepair, in many cases, the first time some pilots have ever witnessed rust. Common find on these models were a conning tower that has an array of sensors to pick up 'cold' or inert ships. Someone once explained to me "its like a Russian submarine, makes a lot of noises and leaks like one too!" Another interesting trait common to this model is the EVA workshop platform designed to ease the job of repair and fabrication while in an EVA suit.

Since these didn't age well and had a very hard work cycle, people often found these for cheap and parts were dime a dozen if not easily fabricated. However due to the sensor array and the maintenance on these vessels, these were also commonly refitted for pirate or raider bands as well. The groups used the remote hydraulics station for smash and grab for cargo goods or to attach to fleeing ships and breach the hull.

That's all I have so far, I intend to clean it up and fill in the blanks more. The idea is a fast when light, but torquey when heavy ship with some industrial concept. I would love to get some input and feedback on it. the Yellow block in the center is roughly the avg size of a person for a frame of reference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ship 1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	21044

Name:	ship 2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	21045

Name:	ship 3.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	21046
    Go back to "then"! When? Now! Now? Now! I can't. Why?! We missed it. When?! Just now. When will "then" be "now"? Soon.

Very nice job ! I love the docking port on the nose, make it very utilitarian in design.

If you want to process further, try to work with blender, as it's the easiest I've found to convert to the format Rogue System use (there's even a blender plugin to do it).

You can also separate your design in multiple parts. Note that the docking ports have a 2m diameter.

BTW, there's a discord here where people are kinda active.

An update on the bridge for people not keeping an eye on discord. The old bridge didn't make sense under constant-g thrust, so the technician stations have been re-orientated and all seats now support people along the entire arc of their rotation between safe and unsafe.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910