Thread: Gameplay bugs (Any that aren't included in the Known Bug Report)

Gameplay bugs (Any that aren't included in the Known Bug Report)

This is a tough thread to design, as many features are not yet implemented, so I'm trying to avoid mentioning "bugs" that are technically intentional at this time. Feel free to post any unknown gameplay bugs here.

1) Yellow/Red border displays for ship systems cannot be reset. I did have one of the TMS systems flash yellow for an overheat but managed to get temps back into nominal ranges by purging and repressurizing at the station. The yellow border didn't reset.

2) Transponder tones don't turn off (along with the list of already known sound bugs). After changing modes from docking to navigation mode, transponder tones continue to play. Disabling VMS and then reenabling it clears the tone playback.

As for #1, it's been mentioned. Michael said that the system is designed to clear the outline once the cause of the issue has been addressed according to internal logic.
    -Rasi

ISI Staff Staff Michael Juliano's Avatar
    You know what--I don't care if they're known or not. Just to be able to look in one place for a full list would be fantastic! I'll even sticky the thread for you all...

I can always go through and edit a post to note if it's intended behavior or not as I'm knocking items out

I've been trying to narrow down causes on this one (coolant temperature runaway):

(v. 0.0.6.9.15a -- there's only one version so far, but it's best to get in the habit of stating version numbers) To reproduce the fault, start mission 3 (launch tutorial), enable battery 1 (BMS), enable primary bus (ECS), acknowledge CAUT/ADV system faults, enable MAINT CUT-OFF, disable battery 1 (BMS again), enable TMS (enable all button or loop press. & pump power in sequence -- doesn't matter). Wait a few seconds. The coolant loop temperature should rise and fail to stabilize. I think it's because I skipped the FCS enable step, but I don't think it should matter that FCS is enabled for coolant loop temperatures to stabilize. I also like the fact that the primary ECS bus can run solely on the umbilical ("shore power") connection; and I wish it could also be run solely on the LENR main system power (BMS off during flight ... although that's not standard procedure, it shouldn't require battery master power for essential systems to run off of the primary bus in case of an emergency).

Quote Originally Posted by Barking Sands View Post
    I've been trying to narrow down causes on this one (coolant temperature runaway):

(v. 0.0.6.9.15a -- there's only one version so far, but it's best to get in the habit of stating version numbers) To reproduce the fault, start mission 3 (launch tutorial), enable battery 1 (BMS), enable primary bus (ECS), acknowledge CAUT/ADV system faults, enable MAINT CUT-OFF, disable battery 1 (BMS again), enable TMS (enable all button or loop press. & pump power in sequence -- doesn't matter). Wait a few seconds. The coolant loop temperature should rise and fail to stabilize. I think it's because I skipped the FCS enable step, but I don't think it should matter that FCS is enabled for coolant loop temperatures to stabilize. I also like the fact that the primary ECS bus can run solely on the umbilical ("shore power") connection; and I wish it could also be run solely on the LENR main system power (BMS off during flight ... although that's not standard procedure, it shouldn't require battery master power for essential systems to run off of the primary bus in case of an emergency).
    Coolant loop heat management was a bug--has been fixed for the upcoming build. The battery SHOULDN'T be required once the systems are up and running--a bug...

Ah, I didn't know the battery master wasn't intentionally set as a requirement for ECS bus operation.

I've been trying to get a working procedure for producing what I've called the "coolant temperature runaway" bug. The procedure I've posted has worked, but after posting, I went back and attempted to reproduce the fault to no avail. I can't put my finger on the cause. If I can get a video record software setup going, I'll try to post a video of it.

Basic description is hard to put into terms. Basically, the loop temperature should stabilize after initialization after a brief period, but sometimes the temperature bar just keeps moving all the way to maximum and holds there. The TMS temperature display still shows minimal temperature, but the coolant loop shows overmax (the TMS loop temp advisory lamp also lights up on the CAUS/ADV panel). What I find weird about it: the actual coolant loop temperature appears to be fine and the TMS systems operate just as well as normal (not great, but not catastrophically bad as the indicators suggest). I think it's just the display that went wonky, and it refuses to reset even after giving it plenty of time to cool the systems back from the redlines with minimal power loads drawing from the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Juliano View Post
    Coolant loop heat management was a bug--has been fixed for the upcoming build. The battery SHOULDN'T be required once the systems are up and running--a bug...
    As I said, this WAS a bug, and has been fixed for the first update The coolant will stabilize now and as long as the radiators are working (I'm not taking into consideration sun exposure yet) will remain that way. When the coolant temp goes up now, there is DEFINITELY a true problem. The good news is that shutting down systems actually helps now in this situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Juliano View Post
    As I said, this WAS a bug, and has been fixed for the first update The coolant will stabilize now and as long as the radiators are working (I'm not taking into consideration sun exposure yet) will remain that way. When the coolant temp goes up now, there is DEFINITELY a true problem. The good news is that shutting down systems actually helps now in this situation...
    Will there come a time where we would want to try and retain heat? Prevent the ship from getting too cold? Or would we just rely on onboard heating systems that drain power?

I can't scroll the transmission report, neither clicking with the keyboard controls, nor slaving the mouse. Dragging the scroll bars won't work either.

Sometimes both the transmission log and the sensor's top-nose selector will the same: when clicking on it the on-screen cursor will flash as if you were clicking the very middle of the screen and won't do what the button's supposed to do. Sometimes clicking repeatedly on it will make it work. Sometimes clicking on it when unzoomed. This happens at least with slaved MFD cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottomic View Post
    I can't scroll the transmission report, neither clicking with the keyboard controls, nor slaving the mouse. Dragging the scroll bars won't work either.

Sometimes both the transmission log and the sensor's top-nose selector will the same: when clicking on it the on-screen cursor will flash as if you were clicking the very middle of the screen and won't do what the button's supposed to do. Sometimes clicking repeatedly on it will make it work. Sometimes clicking on it when unzoomed. This happens at least with slaved MFD cursor.
    Confirmed with not being able to scroll the Transmission Log

Quote Originally Posted by NovusNecrontyr View Post
    Confirmed with not being able to scroll the Transmission Log
    If I can get the navigation work finished up early then I'll be taking a look at this for first update. If not, I'll fix it for the second...

Being able to scroll wouldn't be as useful as just setting the transmisson log to auto-scroll to the last tranmission imo, because right now when going for power up to power down it's impossible to read the landing and docking port frequencies because they'll scroll past the screen but it won't follow them.

Hi! im new here and encountered a bug i think.. so i followed the tutorial on how to do a start up and followed it through reading every popup and did like i was told.. but then when i get relaesed from the station my "cold gas" dont work and i start to spin like crazy from the decopuleing.. so i though that i missed something so my thrusters didnt start up.. and even after 200m from the station nothing worked and i was spinning crazy then..( plus one popup was stuck on screen that i got decupled and didnt wanna go away) so i started sandbox game and watched a youtube video on how to startup and followed it carfully doing EXACTLY like how he did it. and still when i decoupled i spinned crazy (while his ship didnt on his play) and no thruster worked but for him everything was fine.. so i wondered what is going on? is this a bug or do i just do something wrong? i turned on Autopilot too but it didnt stabelize me at all, it does fire the cold gas as the HUD tells me.. and i think i hear it fire but no effect at all.... anyways, cheer for an awesome game and can't wait for future updates! //Pasta21

UPDATE: yepp its a bug. cause now i started another tutorial and it all spins crazy. ill reinstall my game.
    2nd UPDATED...: it was my joystick that freaked out and changed one axis start and end location somehow.. like it wasent centred it was off to the left for some reason but i fixed it now... cheers once again ;P
    Last edited by Pasta21; 08-24-17 at 07:39 AM.