NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 530 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: public bug tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by draeath View Post
    Well there's no reason you couldn't use a card for each bug, and move the bugs around based on state (new, confirmed, fixed, invald, etc)
    The same would go with new features in progress.
    facilis descensus averni

yeah, +1 for trello.... but I dont think it would be very good as a bug tracker per say, its better for project managment and seeing what the devs are up to. For something as complex as Rogue System I would rather go for similar to the Arma3 BIS tracker

Some thoughts from my day job managing a few software projects

Trello is alright as a bug tracker for smaller projects but I find larger projects tend to get out of control and eventually migrate to something more complex like JIRA. It can be pretty daunting to configure (the initial config is usable but inevitably you want to tweak) but on the flip side you can really mold it to match your desired process pretty tightly. I think a project like this would cost about 20$/month for hosted service, so no need to worry about administering servers (and having your tracker go down can be a big pain).

To step into a slightly stale discussion, my thoughts: +1 to an ArmA-styled bug tracker. It's clean, presents the info well, although I don't know if it's an in-house setup. JIRA and Trello look... eh. Only quick checks on them at the moment, but they look like they'd be hard to find things. Also, I agree that MJ and ISI should probably control the server the tracker is on, if only to ensure it doesn't go down for unsavory reasons.

Its also free BTW... MantisBT is open source (what BIS use for Arma3)

https://www.mantisbt.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Juliano View Post
    Again, I can talk with ISI and see if I can get a foundation arranged (or at least get them involved in the conversation)... I'd hate for you to have to use your own assets. I can give them a shout tomorrow...
    Any news on this topic? Searching and keeping track of bugs in a forum is a huge pain and the fact that we have two forums (this one + steam discussions) doesn't make it easier.

Nudging this thread.
    We need a proper bug tracker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12