Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Tutorial Videos

The Ring rescue is very similar to the station rescue, but with 2 minor and 2 major differences

Minor
    1)Argon Tank (or consumption of) for the MTS is lower capacity (or higher consumption), and as such can and will run out if you Boost around in the MTS, and puff about on cold gas too much!...think about using the MES instead for the intercept of the ring.(also make SURE to select tank4 for the MTS and not the default Tank1, as Tank4 is much larger)
    2) the axis the ring is spinning around is X (pitch) rather than Z (roll) as in the station rescue...as a result you need to compensate up and reverse as the port moves away from you (it's up and left for the station rescue I think, depending on which port you use)...also you should switch off the Pitch hold instead of the Roll hold from the station rescue

Major:
    1) Emergency Clamp is on AFT (towing) port on the Fox (it is Dorsal or Ventral on FireArc)..which means your Left and Right translations will be reversed (assuming you switch camera view to Aft docking)...I find it easy though to just visualize using the Green + and circle alighment HUD element...forget what is happening outside the window, and just translate "towards" the cross center..ie if it is up and right of center, then puff up and right to bring it to center...
    actually I might try it with view at forward one time, might even be easier instruments only, and without the "real" view to confuse when you puff right and translate left...hmm
    2) Once connected to the Tow port, it is MUCH easier to re-stabilize the Ring!, I suppose because the center of mass has only moved rear ward of the ship, which means when you boost forward, it works as expected . In the FireArc, because the station was on top or underneath the ship, the load was very imbalanced when boosting in the cardinal axis.
    A quick boost to orbital Prograde should be enough to make the station miss the planet and complete the mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemises View Post
    (also make SURE to select tank4 for the MTS and not the default Tank1, as Tank4 is much larger)
    Sorry, is this possible? I always thought that tank 4 had hydrogen, and thus, can only be used for LENR or fuel cells, or did I miss something (probably)? Can we change the contents of those tanks? Or MTS works with hydrogen?
    Last edited by Psypher; 06-02-16 at 08:45 AM.
    I apologize in advance for any grammatical error or misuse of words, unfortunately my english is not good, but I've been working to improve it. Thank you all.

ISI Staff Staff Michael Juliano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psypher View Post
    Sorry, is this possible? I always thought that tank 4 had hydrogen, and thus, can only be used for LENR or fuel cells, or did I miss something (probably)? Can we change the contents of those tanks? Or MTS works with hydrogen?
    I THINK he meant LENR, not MTS? It's very possible for the LENR to burn through tank 2 in relatively short order. You are right, ONLY tank 1 can be used for MTS.

Oops, crossed wires, yes I meant Tank 4 instead of 2 for the LENR, and not the MTS...DOH, that's the problem with typing things out at work!..I do apologise

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Juliano View Post
    I THINK he meant LENR, not MTS? It's very possible for the LENR to burn through tank 2 in relatively short order. You are right, ONLY tank 1 can be used for MTS.
    Without meaning to go off topic, do you mind if I ask what that right hand panel will be used for ?

That should be the Caution and Warning panel I think?

ISI Staff Staff Michael Juliano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemises View Post
    That should be the Caution and Warning panel I think?
    amongst other things, yes

And RMS panel(Remote Manipulator System)? if I remember correctly.
    I apologize in advance for any grammatical error or misuse of words, unfortunately my english is not good, but I've been working to improve it. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by herne View Post
    I might have a better idea when I try. If you have any tips, they will be most welcome.
    No, I didn't even try the new rescue mission yet after failing miserably a couple of times at the old one. Just thought Scott might have said something that helps (last watched the video when it was relatively new).

Hi all,
    first of all, thank you, Michael, for developing this great simulator.

I made an Italian Tutorial (in January) where I try to explain (with some errors...) the startup with a lot of details. I'd like if this simulator could spread for someone who doesn't know English too.

I don't know if here is the right place where I can put this video, anyway:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123