Thread: I get an error "Missing Information" or "Can't Open Page" when starting rFactor

I get an error "Missing Information" or "Can't Open Page" when starting rFactor

1. In My Computer->Tools->Folder Options view tab, enable "Show hidden files and folders".

2. Delete the trymedia license folder located in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data" on Windows XP or "C:\ProgramData" on Vista/7

3. Run rFactor and reactivate your game as instructed here using your 32 digit activation code. If you have lost your activation code, click here for instructions on how to retrieve it.

- Note "Unknown Internal Error" is typically an account access issue. Ensure you have FULL administrator access when installing and running the game. If you have Vista or Windows 7, try right-clicking on the rfactor.exe and selecting "Run As Administrator..." (even if you have an administrator account).

- This can also sometimes be fixed by deleting the trymedia license folder located in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data" on Windows XP or "C:\ProgramData" on Vista then reactivating the software. You will need to have "Show hidden files and folders" enabled (see your Windows documenation for instructions).

- This can also occur if it detects a system change or a change to the system clock. If you (or any program) recently set your clock ahead/back in time, reset it to that time, run rfactor, alt-tab out to your desktop and reset the time to the correct time, then alt-tab back into the game and exit.
    Please see the FAQ section for solutions to common issues

I just upgraded my mobo and I got this message about missing information. I tried the interent explorer fixes in options still no go. I can't find the trymedis lic folder.

I deleted and reinstalled rfactor still the same. what now?

If you can't find the trymedia folder, make sure you have "Show hidden files and folders" enabled (see step #1). If you put in a new mobo and just used the same hard drive from the old mobo (without updating drivers etc) then that could cause a number of issues on its own. If the above doesn't resolve your issue, contact support@trymedia.com for additional assistance with their software.
    Please see the FAQ section for solutions to common issues

ok we have success! I found the folder deleted and it solved the problem thanks you!!!