Thread: Problems activating rFactor after installing G27 Logitech trial

Problems activating rFactor after installing G27 Logitech trial

There is an issue with the rfactor.exe that comes with the G27. See below on how to use the fixed exe.

1. In My Computer->Tools->Folder Options view tab, enable "Show hidden files and folders".

2. Delete the trymedia license folder located in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data" on Windows XP or "C:\ProgramData" on Vista/7

3. Download the following rfactor.exe to enable the LED's on your G27 and save it to your rfactor installation folder.
    http://downloads.rfactor.net/rFactor_G27Update.zip

4. Rename your current rfactor.exe to rfactor.exe.bak (if prompted with a warning that the file may not be usable after doing so, select YES to continue).

5. Unzip the downloaded file into your rfactor folder

6. Run rfactor. You should be prompted to purchase/activate or run the trial version of the game. If Windows states the file cannot be found it means the file was not extracted to the correct location (go back to previous step)

When I try to unzip the rFactor_G27Update.zip, I choose to extract it to C://Program Files/rFactor, an error occurs saying "File skipped unknown compression method."

I just want to play :'(

Maybe the zip is corrupted, try downloading it again? (or find a d/l when it came from a dvd)

Hi.
    I just bought a G27 today, my old G25 died a while back.
    Can I put this new exe in my existing rFactor install and race, or will it make me reactivate.

Knowledgable Person Noel Hibbard's Avatar
    You will not have to reactivate. One thing to look out for is this new EXE also fixes the reversed FFB. So sure to move the FFB strength slider into the positive side or else your forces will be all messed up.

Hello Mr. Hibbard.
    Thanks for your reply, it's working like a charm. I couldnt remember if I had any activations left and didnt want to get stuck waiting on a trymedia email.

Just a quick question on this:

I got the Special Edition 2008 DVD version of rFactor, is there an updated executable for the DVD version as well?