NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 293 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 381 to 389 of 389

Thread: SimRacingPL Shader Pack - discussion

  1. #381
    Registered K Szczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,855
    There are light flares and volume lights.

    In both cases it's important to think of settings used in the tool.

    For ordinary light flares, it's the "max radius" parameter. If you want bigger max radius, then sometimes it's good to increase "radius power" so that big flares will not be seen that often.
    For volume lights "step scale" parameter is also crucial - keep it somewhere around 0,3-0,5. You can try other values, but these worked best for me.


    Of course rFactor doesn't have good performance with headlights, whenever you use shader pack or not. It's best to limit number of active headlights in .PLR file ("Max headlights" setting).
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

  2. #382
    New Member Ben Paulet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thx for your tool and your permission.
    The mod will be launched in July.

  3. #383
    Registered K Szczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,855
    No need to thank me - that's what this tool is made for - enjoy it
    And good luck with the mod.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

  4. #384
    New Member henneyalistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2
    Hello I have patrick34 2016 f1 mod and it uses srpl but when I load the game the cars are greyed out or shadowy like picture any ideas? Thanks

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  5. #385
    New Member henneyalistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2


    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  6. #386
    Registered K Szczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,855
    That looks a bit like game went to using DirectX7 / DirectX8 settings.

    This can happen if you have a mod that uses shaders, but you did not install the shader pack. Or if you changed rendering mode to anything other than DirectX 9.

    Other than that I can only suggest contacting mod author.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

  7. #387
    New Member mgs_ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3
    K Szczech,

    I, on behalf of my team (ORM, formerly known as CROMS), request permission to use the SRPL shaders in our 1958 Grand Prix mod for rFactor 1. It's 90% scratch made, the other 10% being textures for which we have permissions for use from Luigi70 and Team CREW. We are planning to release it, but since your team (rightfully) is expecting us to ask the permission to use the shaders, I'm writing here to do so.

    Have a great day

  8. #388
    Registered Hazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    610
    Maybe try to reach them there: http://simracing.pl/

  9. #389
    New Member mgs_ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3
    I'll do that. If they don't answer, I'll just use the plugin and put the credit for it: I can't stay idling by.

    EDIT: I'll just credit them. Their website is Polish-only and google translator doesn't even work well on that. It's really unusable for everyone that doesn't speak or read Polish.
    Last edited by mgs_ita; 02-02-17 at 06:57 PM.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •